• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon accupoint vs AccuPower? Hunting rifle

z7.jled

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
Looking for optics for a kids hunting rifle (6.8spc or 6.5 Grendel)

Goal-light ish in weight
Illuminated reticle
A reticle that can be used to a slight hold out to about 250yds. (Both will drop around 5” at 200yds, worth a correction imo)

AccuPower is battery operated and accupoint is tritium, both meet weight and reticle requirements

Is there a difference in glass or “feel”.

Probably a 2.5-10 or maybe 3-9 is what I’m looking for

Looking for optics for a kids hunting rifle (6.8spc or 6.5 Grendel)

Goal-light ish in weight
Illuminated reticle
A reticle that can be used to a slight hold out to about 250yds. (Both will drop around 5” at 200yds, worth a correction imo)

AccuPower is battery operated and accupoint is tritium, both meet weight and reticle requirements

Is there a difference in glass or “feel”.

Probably a 2.5-10 or maybe 3-9 is what I’m looking for

I have a couple of accupowers. A 5-50x56 and a 1-4x24.

I prefer the accupower over the accupoint because I have illumination regardless of the light conditions.

I looked through both many times. There is no differences that I can tell in glass or quality of builds.

I absolutely love my accupowers. The 3-9 would be an excellent hunting choice IMO.

Reactions: z7.jled
I have a couple of accupowers. A 5-50x56 and a 1-4x24.

I prefer the accupower over the accupoint because I have illumination regardless of the light conditions.

I looked through both many times. There is no differences that I can tell in glass or quality of builds.

I absolutely love my accupowers. The 3-9 would be an excellent hunting choice IMO.
Thanks, I’ll probably go with the 2.5-10 because I have a mount for it already