• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon accupoint vs credo vs vcog

Thuy Nguyen

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2022
USA
I ordered a TTi/v7 harbinger. 14.5" chambered in 308. Trying to decide if I should mount the trijicon accupoint vs credo vs VCOG in 1-6x. Any insight into any of these?

I’m also wanting to get something for three gun competition and protection in the hopefully unlikely scenario of hostile trespassers on my ranch. Separate from the scope used for PRS

Accupoint is geared more towards hunting, the Credo is a very good optic, I'd opt for the 1-8, the VCOG is a combat optic, again, I'd opt for the 1-8 as the extra mag is helpful with target id.
Don't want to discourage you, but you have two things going against you with that rifle for PRS, one is the short barrel, which can be mitigated with proper bullet selection. The second is the cartridge. You CAN be competitive with a .308, but the short barrel, coupled with the cartridge chosen will be a distinct disadvantage.
If you're intent is to have fun and learn shit, go for it. If you are of a highly competitive nature, you're not going to be happy.
There is NOTHING wrong with going out there to have fun and learn shit.
If you are dead set on Trijicon, you'll need to look at the Ten Mile series for PRS.
They make good shit.

Reactions: simonp
I’ve heard bad things about the vcog 1-6. I think the consensus is that the 1-8 is the vcog to get. Also I emailed trijicon a few days ago and got told the credo 1-8 is optically almost the same as the vcog 1-8 and you’re paying for USA manufacturing and stronger housing/built in mount so you could go down the credo 1-8 route if you don’t care about that. Plus it’s got exposed locking turrets which might be good for what you’re using it for

Last edited:
Japan, it's a good scope
I’ve heard bad things about the vcog 1-6. I think the consensus is that the 1-8 is the vcog to get. Also I emailed trijicon a few days ago and got told the credo 1-8 is optically almost the same as the vcog 1-8 and you’re paying for USA manufacturing and stronger housing/built in mount so you could go down the credo 1-8 route if you don’t care about that. Plus it’s got exposed locking turrets which might be good for what you’re using it for
And the exposed locking turrets are on the credo ?

For a 14.5” I’d get a LPVO vortex, best one you can afford (viper or razor)

That’s even the type of optic they have on the photo, seems more of a 3 gun meets battle rifle type thing, not anything I’d expect to be out doing PRS, but home defense and 3 gun sure though most of those are 223, taren makes cool stuff and it looks cool though

00526262-1-EB3-4577-8689-2-B862-A1-EEAAB.jpg

Last edited:
He could shoot heavy metal division in 3 gun if he went pump gun and .45 pistol, but that means shooting irons on the .308 last time I checked. Your local range may have it's own way of doing that. Otherwise, might as well go with a Tenmile 3-18x44 and a rmr offset. Puts you in open class in 3 gun and not have to switch optics on your battle rifle for prs. Seems like the most legit role for that rifle.

The optic they have on there is a 1-6 AccuPoint, pretty similar to a gen2e razor.

Reactions: Thuy Nguyen