• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon accupower 4.5x30 vs razor gen 2 4.5x27

plinkin

Mall Ninja
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2014
florida
Has anyone looked through these scopes? I've had the vortex and no complaints, I love the turrets on the trijicon but haven't gotten to look through one. Thoughts?

I too have been strongly considering the Accupower 4.5-30 for my new 7mm saum build. There aren't a lot of reviews out, but the ones I've read mention they are very good in low light. The glass seems to be on par with some of the heavy hitters, would like to get my hands on one to look through, but there are no stocking dealers in my neighborhood. Not even Brownells is carrying them. I'll probably go ahead and get one ordered anyway as the pricing is pretty good right now.
It seems as though I heard somewhere Ilya had made a comment or two about this scope, but I don't remember where. Anyway, it would be nice to get his opinion of this scope. By the way, if any of you guys around the Des Moines area have one, I'll buy ya a burger if I can look through your scope.

Jon

Reactions: plinkin
I would like to get my hands on one as well. I plan on putting it on a tl3 that has 3 barrels so I really am interested in the tooless turrets. I was reading some old threads and I realized that the ltec turrets wouldn't be too bad for a switch barrel due to the internal turret with numbers so you could document fairly easy.

I am really enjoying my accupower 4.5-30. Great glass and tracking was more than impressive. Zero complaints. Buy with confidence.

I have the 5-50x56 on my 6.5 PRC. I also have Zeiss V-6 and Athlon Cronus ,SWFA 5-20x50. Its really great ,glass on the Zeiss V6 might be a little better,but I've had guys with younger eyes say the Trijicon is better . So its subjective.

I would like to get my hands on one as well. I plan on putting it on a tl3 that has 3 barrels so I really am interested in the tooless turrets. I was reading some old threads and I realized that the ltec turrets wouldn't be too bad for a switch barrel due to the internal turret with numbers so you could document fairly easy.
FYI setting actual zero stop is not tooless ala TT for the Trijicon. Setting the turret to zero is tooless. Not sure if it matters to you

I also recommend the 4.5-30x56. Just did a tracking test last weekend 100% (may have over built the testing base, it weights 92lbs) Compared it to my buddys kahles, cant say that its better but i wouldn't say it was lacking anything. Elevation turret is crisp and clicky, and i really like the reticle. Not sure if trijicons rebranding it as the tenmile scope line changes available or price.

Attachments

• Tracking test .jpg
    Tracking test .jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: wb00757
FYI setting actual zero stop is not tooless ala TT for the Trijicon. Setting the turret to zero is tooless. Not sure if it matters to you
I believe I saw your YouTube videos on this scope. Could you demonstrate how to zero the turrets and set the zero stop?

How often do people change the location of the zero stop?
It can be helpful if you have a multi-cal setup. I had the Trijicon on and AI with 3 barrels for few months and it would've been nice to have tooless zero stop but yeah, it's not a must have. Takes 30 secs to set the zero stop on the Trijicona as long as you have a 1.5mm hex around. .
I believe I saw your YouTube videos on this scope. Could you demonstrate how to zero the turrets and set the zero stop?
Follow this video since I cant do a better job than this guy. Only difference is that you don't need a tool/coin to unscrew the turrets on the Trijicon. Yo just unscrew the top part with your hand and the turret comes off. Setting up the zero stop is exactly the same as on the Bushnell in the video.

It can be helpful if you have a multi-cal setup. I had the Trijicon on and AI with 3 barrels for few months and it would've been nice to have tooless zero stop but yeah, it's not a must have. Takes 30 secs to set the zero stop on the Trijicona as long as you have a 1.5mm hex around. .

Follow this video since I cant do a better job than this guy. Only difference is that you don't need a tool/coin to unscrew the turrets on the Trijicon. Yo just unscrew the top part with your hand and the turret comes off. Setting up the zero stop is exactly the same as on the Bushnell in the video.

Wow, I like it. I'm still torn lol. Razor, gen ii xrs or the trijicon.

Wow, I like it. I'm still torn lol. Razor, gen ii xrs or the trijicon.
Yeah it's tough. I have no experience with XRS, and limited experience with Gen 2 Razor but it's very well liked. I've had the Trijicon right when they came out. I actually had it preordered. It's been a very good scope so far. Very nice glass (92.5% there with my ZP5:)), nice elev turret and ok windage turret but I never dial for wind. Only thing that ZP5 is 100% better than the trijicon is the parralax. On Minox there are 2 settings; under 300-350yds and above. The Trijicon is more sensitive to parallax but at least the numbers on the dial work out good for most of the time.

With some of the prices that I see new Gen 2 razors going these days its even tougher to make a choice. Just pick the reticle you like and go with it. I know that's what everyone keeps saying but it's really what it comes down to.

Reactions: plinkin
I have been running the Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 MRAD since January of last year. It has been an awesome scope - glass is excellent, tracking is spot on, and I really like the reticle and turrets. I absolutely love it, and it has been a big upgrade from the Bushnell DMR that it replaced on my match rifle. I don't have any hands on experience with the Vortex Razor Gen II, so I can't comment or make a comparison, but that scope seems pretty well regarded. I don't think that you can go wrong either way, honestly, but my Trijicon has been so good that if I were in the market for another scope in its relative price range I would not hesitate to buy another Triji.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but I think that Trijicon is rolling the Accupower line into its new "Tenmile" lineup.

Reactions: Runnineh
Didnt expect to see so many trijicon supporters here.

The 1-8 is inferior to vortex 1-6 by a good bit.

Mine has been rock solid. Granted I’m mainly a benchrest shooter till I learn some prone skills so it doesn’t get tossed around much. Tracks beautifully and I have zero complaints. I would happily buy another for my next rifle.

threw on a level from MKM and haven’t touched it since. Two thumbs up.

I love my trijicon, but it's in moa and I need mil. If anyone wants to trade, I'll throw in $100 and pay for shipping