• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon ACOG 4x32 Problem!

Alcatraz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
I just recently recieved my trijicon ACOG 4x32 from the company, i sent it in because i turned the windage dial to far and popped it....:rolleyes:. but now at 100 yds i get 3 inch groupings on my AR-15. when i remember sighting it in perfectly before. Some guy there told me that you hit the turrent with a screw drive and it helps, i tried that no difference, i made sure it was tight on the reciever, is it possable that the rifles dirty and it cant function properly? Has anyone had this problem before and has a good idea how to fix it.

Thanx

Well, you need to provide a little more info. There are a crap ton of reticles for the 4x32 Acog, and most of them are CQB and do not lend themselves to shooting 1/2 MOA at 100 meters very well. The dots, chevrons, horseshoes, etc. are for up close and personal but can be quite effective at longer distances by a proficient rifleman but of course not as precise as a "crosshair" type. The whacking your turret with a screwdriver handle is for attempting to dislodge a "stuck" errector and won't help with a wandering zero (if in fact that is what you have.) I don't know how you have your Acog mounted but if it's in a carry handle verses mounted on a flattop that has its' own set of challenges. Finally, in general an AR is a 1 MOA rifle and if you are a 1 MOA marksman then a 3" group is about typical performance. Take the Acog off and zero with irons and see if you can do better. I doubt it is the Trijicon.

TA31RMR-G_5.jpg
this is the reticle it also has an RMR on top

thanks EXTREMEPREJUDICE the rifle is flat top AR-15, any other information you need to maybe help let me know?

You'll probably have a lot better luck swapping it out with the armory than trying to get the issue solved via forum. I would waltz in and ask the E-4 behind the desk to go to battalion and get me a new one.

ETA that sounded a little smart assed, but it's not the way it was meant, and you're SOPs may differ than my old unit's.

Last edited: