• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon ACOG issue

Austin2512

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2020
About 5 months ago I bought a trijicon acog from midway USA (TA31 model) worked fine when I got it, I took it to the range twice, the second time I noticed the green chevron wasn’t lighting up but the bottom half of the BDC was lit up, about an hour or so later all I could see was just the etched reticle, nothing worked, called trijicon, I sent it in for repairs a few days ago but haven’t heard anything back, has anyone encountered this issue before? And if so what was the cause or issue?.

Attachments

• A98DD317-C166-49C3-97E9-7AF54E8ED4D8.jpeg
    A98DD317-C166-49C3-97E9-7AF54E8ED4D8.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 107
Youll be fine. There repair dept is top notch. Youll get a email stating the tech received it and follow up emails.
The entire process takes about a month. Youll get a sheet with everything fixed and repaired on your optic or just a new replacement.

I sent my MRO in for upgrade and just got it back. Total time including transit about a month.

So,

You sent an ACOG in to be repaired a few days ago.

And you haven't heard anything from them in this time frame....that's the gist if this post correct ?

W T F

Obviously trijicon will fix it but I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue, the optic is only 5 months old or so and the tritium and fiber optics don’t work anymore. I’d expect an acog too last much longer than that for costing over a grand

You got a lemon (or a knock off)... these things happen. It sucks, no doubt. As to what caused it? Movement of the scope's internals relative one another...stuff that ought not move started moving. My guess is an assembly error...something didn't get the right amount of torque, someone forgot a fastener, etc.

If it makes you feel any better, my personal ACOG survived multiple IED blasts without so much as losing zero. When it eventually went back to Trijicon (because I gifted it to my Dad and he didn't like all the chunks missing out of the fiber optic or the dings/scratches on the tube), they fixed it at no cost AND upgraded the GG&G QD mount to a Bobro QD. I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of you.

Reactions: RTH1800
You got a lemon (or a knock off)... these things happen. It sucks, no doubt. As to what caused it? Movement of the scope's internals relative one another...stuff that ought not move started moving. My guess is an assembly error...something didn't get the right amount of torque, someone forgot a fastener, etc.

If it makes you feel any better, my personal ACOG survived multiple IED blasts without so much as losing zero. When it eventually went back to Trijicon (because I gifted it to my Dad and he didn't like all the chunks missing out of the fiber optic or the dings/scratches on the tube), they fixed it at no cost AND upgraded the GG&G QD mount to a Bobro QD. I'd be shocked if they didn't take care of you.
Most likely a lemon, I know it’s a true acog so there’s no issue there, it’s just surprising to see an issue being that it’s so new.