• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon ACOG TA-31 RCO M4

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Thinking about getting one of these for my M4 rifle and was wondering what guys that have them think of them past the initial purchase and any thoughts on these optics.

Also, where is the cheapest place to get one online?

Re: Trijicon ACOG TA-31 RCO M4

I have an M4 on my Noveske Afghan. I found that I should have just gotten a TA 31F like I have on another AR. Reason, I have no practical use for the horizontal 5 moa stadia. The TA 31F fulfills all my needs and is much less expensive. If one needs the horizontal stadia then I guess it's worth the extra cost.

The 31F is designed to have a BDC that an average between the M16A2 and the M4. You will find that other then lacking the mil hashmarks on the side, there is no practical difference between that and the RCO models.

I found two on Gunbroker for $1099.00 each. One has the biblical SN and the other does not.

Safe to say the biblical one is older?

I think it's a safe bet that the biblical one is older, but I would get a different ACOG or a variable scope with the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DannySeesUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's a safe bet that the biblical one is older, but I would get a different ACOG or a variable scope with the money. </div></div>

I had thought about getting maybe a Leupold VX-R for it but the ACOG is so widely used, and praised, that it can't hurt to try one.