• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes TRIJICON ACOG TA33-8....ISSUES????

Bullseyelr

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2009
VA
TRIJICON ACOG TA33-8....ISSUES???? I GOT ONE THE OTHER DAY AND TOOK IT OUT TO THE RANGE TODAY AND TRIED TO SIGHT IT IN. I got a "50 cent piece" size group at 50 yards and at 100 yards I was all over a 10" shoot-n-c. The ACOG is 3x30 and I am wondering if it is just me shaking, since 3x really doesnt magnify that much at 100 yards, or what. It is hard for my eyes to stay focused for a long time on the amber chevron trying to place the tip of it in the center of the target. Like I said, 50 yards was great but not sure what the issue is at 100 yards. Maybe I need to NOT drink any coffee before I go. Any help??????????????????THANKS

Re: TRIJICON ACOG TA33-8....ISSUES????

Are you using the trijicon mount that came with it? May want to check the mount and verify that it is not moving under recoil.

Also, Put a piece of black tape over the top of the fiber optic when you initially sight it in. This will reduce the bloom of the chevron and give you a more precise aiming point.

+1 on covering the fiber optic, PT.

Here is an alternative for the black tape:

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

A piece of bicycle inner tube from WallyWorld, and it won't leave a sticky residue on the ACOG. I'm sure somebody else already came up with something like this, but this method allows some "adjustability."

Nice piece WTC343! I'll have to try that on my Ta33. Mine has been extremely satisfactory, by the way.

nice idea....I will give it a shot this weekend....thanks