• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon and IRS

bota777

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2019
Just a heads up, if you buy a Trijicon thermal expecting to get a "free" Trijicon tenmile scope they will require all your personal information including your Social Security Number, then they will send you a 1099 tax form and send the 1099 information to the IRS. I complained to Eurooptic because this was not disclosed on their site. To see this information you have to start the scope redemption process. Just my thoughts I don't try to redeem a "free" scope until after I get my receipt for the purchase, it's a waste of time because you have to have the receipt. I believe that most firearm equipment customers prefer to know that they will be putting their name on an IRS list before making the purchase. Also paying income tax on the "free" scope means it's not free. Just thought some of you would want to know.

Reactions: Lowdown3
I guess it's all how they word it. "If you buy this, we'll GIVE you this." Rather than "This and this, costs this."

So what's in it for them to do it the one way rather than the other?

Yep. Non-Cash item. It's like those games shows where someone wins a trip "worth" $20K. I just shake my had because I know they are gonna get a 1099-MISC and pay 25%-ish in fed plus state and local taxes.

Actually, FUCK YOU Trigicon! I have some of their stuff, but any company that would do that to it’s customers is total shit. I’m never buying anything from those assholes again. Total spankers.

Reactions: FredHammer