• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Angled Adaptor 4 RMR VS Badger J-arm

Convex

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2021
Reddondo Beach CA,90278
Anyone have experience w/the differences/ease of use of a micro dot mounted on the Trijicon angled adaptor in conjunction with a mounted riflesscope vs going w/a Badger condition 1 with the micro dot mounted on the angled j-arm .

I've already ordered a long distance scope, so the question will be which set-up for the scope along w/a micro red dot seems to be the most natural positioning 4 going from sighting the scope to the red dot.

I haven't found anybody local to me that has either adaptor or a set-up I can look through, so which one is the most natural to use, or do they both work just as well, from somebody who's used both.

What exactly is your question?

Are you asking about switching from your scope to the rmr for snap shots at close distance?

Do you plan on using the rmr to quickly get an approximate target location then switching to your scope? Top is best for this imo.

Top vs 45⁰ is personal preference. Most people with nvgs will top mount. Depending on how high your mount height is top mount can be quite high but it also depends on your stock. Take your rifle and just quickly flip it to 45⁰ and imagine shooting like that. Then look over your scope and imagine shooting looking over your elevation turret. Which do you prefer.

Basically personal preference, use, rifle, etc will determine what your optimal set up will be.

I have a C1 with an offset aimpoint that is going on an AR

a6x5mDe.jpg

GOMWfN9.jpg

5EbsDFu.jpg

With just a bit of practice it feels pretty natural/fine to me. Keep in mind this is me just holding my phone lol. But hope it gives you an idea.

Thank for the pics, they're appreciated.

"What's exactly my question?"....

It's what I asked, and I'm not asking about top mounting the red dot vs 45 deg......

Again, I'm asking about 2 different adaptors that do roughly the same thing, but one is separate from the mount, and closer to the rail, and the one on the badger is higher and more of an offset. One is separate from the scope mount, and one does as per your picture illustrates, going on the mount.

Is that difference a big difference, or no difference at all, and I'm asking folks/anybody whose experienced both? Did they prefer one over the other re an angled mount and why?

Again, I've looked around for these locally; no luck. I'm not interested in ordering one, not being satisfied, and then trying the other, I'd rather try to get some feedback, about which one works better/they work the same, from the folks that've experienced both.

The scope I've already ordered will probably lend itself to a top mount which I've seen in a video w/a top mount; I'm getting a second scope that has a pretty tall turret, I'll eventually decide which way I go when I have that scope in hand.

Last edited:
Ahh my bad, misread your question is all.

I've used both.

I like the bager because the optic is on the same plane. The other offset I've used the optic was much lower to the rail. I'm sure they come in different sizes though.

There is a pretty awesome rmr mount made by valhalla tactical. The Rukh. It articulates and is available in 2 different heights. So you can really customize your set up. I've not handled one but I've watched some videos and seemed like a pretty awesome product.

WOW!! The one by Valhalla Tactical looks very well machined. A big chunk of change, but might well be worth it.

Thanks, this was worth asking.

Sends me in a good direction.

I've tracked down this video, and am impressed...

Made out of Titanium, different height towers, adjustable, and very nice machining.

I like the idea, but I would like to see splines or some other form of mechanism to lock the angle in place as it seems if the RMR got caught while say, going over a wall or if it snagged a door frame it appears like it could change the angle. Maybe I missed something in the video?

What you say makes me think about one dilemma, besides how much punishment it can take, if you hit something, is it better, and less damage if something gives or not.

Another thing about what you said, is that if I end up getting this, I'll find a way of scribing/marking the different positions/angles
that match whatever gun I've got this on.

A thought anyway

Scribe is a good idea. I really like the idea of this. I don’t “need” the reliability of a work rifle but if I spend the money to travel to a match, match fees, time off, etc. I’d be pissed if I maneuvered to a firing point only to find my dot not where it’s supposed to be.

It’s expensive but what isn’t these days?