• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Credo 1-8

FLguy55

flguy55
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2019
FLORIDA
Anyone else pick up the 1-8 or 1-6? Just got my 1-8 and love the features and the reticle but it's got bigtime focus issues. Contacting Trijicon Monday (8-5 EST mon-fri.....ugh). Wondering if anyone else has jumped on one yet & thoughts.

I just recieved the 1-8. Only down side i see and it maybe a return in its future because of it. It doesnt have a zero stop. Which is a big oh no for me. Glass is great, daylight bright, has some meat to it , reticle is awesome with the ffp. The zero stop is the killer

I just got off the phone with a trijicon rep and he said it has a return to zero but no zero stop.

Zero stop . Will stop on zero even if you over rotate down. Its a hard stop when you return to zero . I dont know of any other scope with exposed turrets that doesnt have a zero stop .
A return to zero , if you dont count the amount resolutions you make. You can loss your zero.

Well that's some BS they're feeding on their website!

Untitled.png

Or maybe only the higher zoom models have a true stop. Oh well, I wasn't planning on dialing anyway. I'd be holding in 3-gun matches.

Thats what he said to me. Some of the other models do. Im using for my 308 csass that i take to dmr classes.

It is no different than the previous 1-8 Accupower, just rebranded for the new line. I sold mine because it did not have a Zero-Stop, and I did not like the locking feature...you had to pull the turret up way to far to turn it and hard to push down due to pressure.

Not specifically a CREDO, but I just opened up my Trijicon Tenmile HX 5 -25. Right out of the box the elevation turret spins freely in both directions, but once you pop the turret out there is a zero stop ring that can be lowered to engage the zero stop.

Was the Credo 1-8 reticle daylight bright? I am going to get this or the Vortex Razor 1-6- I'd prefer the Credo, but im concerned I'll be let down if the reticle can't perform in bright day conditions. Any Advice?

These Credo scopes look exactly like re-branded Accupowers.

I had a 1-4X Accupower and the reticle was most definitely NOT daylight bright.

It got sold to a guy who thought it was awesome and I used the money to buy a Steiner, which is no shit Aimpoint daylight bright.

Reactions: mattallen1981
I owned a 1-4 Accupower and have time behind a 1-8; illumination could be 'seen in the daylight sometimes', but in no way is in the same league as a Razor II/III or NX-8. I can't consider any of the Accupowers 'daylight bright' by conventional understanding of the term.

I have seen zero evidence that the Credo lineup is substantially better in the illumination department. The lack of reviews online and the only owners guarded "yeah, it's daylight bright(ish), but no LPVO is like an Aimpoint" (false) responses online tells me all I really need to know.

Zero stop . Will stop on zero even if you over rotate down. Its a hard stop when you return to zero . I dont know of any other scope with exposed turrets that doesnt have a zero stop .
A return to zero , if you dont count the amount resolutions you make. You can loss your zero.
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

View attachment 7313556

Reactions: RHINOWSO
Ah, wut????

I owned a 1-4 Accupower and have time behind a 1-8; illumination could be 'seen in the daylight sometimes', but in no way is in the same league as a Razor II/III or NX-8. I can't consider any of the Accupowers 'daylight bright' by conventional understanding of the term.

I have seen zero evidence that the Credo lineup is substantially better in the illumination department. The lack of reviews online and the only owners guarded "yeah, it's daylight bright(ish), but no LPVO is like an Aimpoint" (false) responses online tells me all I really need to know.
Hey if you want to take a swipe at somebody- then do it. I’m not sure what your deal is, but if you don’t like the Trijicon, then don’t buy one. I’m sorry we aren’t here to answer your beck and call and give you the review that you keep demanding. Like I said in the other thread- if you want a review so bad, buy one and do the review yourself.
1404AC05-A30D-46C2-BB3C-5C3F87AE3366.jpeg

Trijicon Credo 1-6x, setting 10 at 1325 hours on a clear sunny day. Make of that picture what you will.

If you look at my picture, you’ll see it’s pretty visible. The center dot it .5 MOA, so it’s small. But I like it for precise shots. For anything inside 25 yards- I’m basically bracketing the target with the outside segments of the circle. This is why I prefer SFP below 6x. If this were FFP, then illumination would probably be much more important. I mentioned in the other thread- if the segments (which are pretty bold) went as bright as an Aimpoint, you wouldn’t be able to see the target. I never need to go above about 10 of 12 on a T1, or setting 5 of 6 on the MRO. I don’t see the need in being That bright.

I see this Credo 1-6 as a good general use optic. It doesn’t do everything perfectly, but it suits my use on a general purpose 16” .223. I still would, and do use a MRO or T1 micro on an entry or patrol carbine.

So far I see this Credo continuing to be my “riding around the woods” optic.

I do think the Credo has brighter illumination than the old Accupoints. I have a 3-9 Mil accupoint and it’s not as bright as this Credo. The point I try to make that nobody seems to get is that with a SFP and decent reticle- illumination is not that important. In a FFP- it’s critical on 1x, or you can’t see the center. But with this segmented circle- I can take the battery out and still have a perfectly useable scope.
If I remember correctly- the Razor 1-6 is a pretty basic “crosshair” but with a bright dot. Oh yeah it gets bright- but if you battery dies it’s a real thin crosshair. Just my opinion. If you want Aimpoint bright, the credo will probably disappoint. But I really don’t think it’s needed.
Just ask yourself what do you really want the optic to do? If it’s up close stuff you’d basically just use a red dot for, then maybe you’d be happier with the Razor because you’ll have that “red dot.” If it for more general use, I think the credo might be better.

That is not daylight bright. Its not even that sunny out.

Daylight bright is running it in the middle of a snowfield with full sun. If the dot still pops out then its daylight bright.

We don't get to pick and choose the weather and terrain when we use our gear.

Shortdot, Vudu, Razor, kahles, ATACR, NX8 and SR8 (even through its a boob) are the only ones I have seen that are daylight bright.

Consistency at all mag ranges. I know no one is seeing hashmarks at 2.5-4x, but I simply prefer FFP for everything. I cannot think of a scenario where I’d personally prefer SFP for anything with a milling reticle.
That is not daylight bright. Its not even that sunny out.

Daylight bright is running it in the middle of a snowfield with full sun. If the dot still pops out then its daylight bright.

We don't get to pick and choose the weather and terrain when we use our gear.

Shortdot, Vudu, Razor, kahles, ATACR, NX8 and SR8 (even through its a boob) are the only ones I have seen that are daylight bright.
It doesn’t get much brighter than that in Mississippi. Unless you are LE or Mil- yeah you do get to choose the conditions you shoot in. For most people this stuff is for recreational use. If you are LE or Mil- you don’t get to pick your gear anyway. You’ll be TOLD what to use and you make do with what you have, and when and where to do it. I’ve given about all the input I’m willing to give. If all your concerned about is how bright the center dot it- then go run a Razor or whatever strikes your fancy.

Wrong on alot of parts there bubba. I ran lots of personal gear when I was in because quite frankly most of the issue was garbage. Carried a 1-4 shortdot into Iraq, which cost more than I made in a month, because it was the best piece of gear at the time money could buy.

Unless you are God and control the weather and all variables, you don't get to choose the conditions. Going to not go shooting or skip a competition because its too sunny out? That is adorable.

I'm not concerned about anything. I can afford whatever I want and do exactly that. The point is , Trijicon has never came out with a real daylight bright LPV in about the last 10 iterations going back to the original acupoints. This one appears to be more of the same.

And until they DO come out with one, no one who actually knows about this "game" is going to waste money on one. Its been 20 years and they still cant figure it out. Its a fact, not an opinion.

Reactions: HD1911
Cool man, you do you.

A lot of LE/Mil can’t use personal gear, just cause you can doesn’t mean everyone can. I don’t think anyone suggested this needs to be a do all- go to war scope. But hey you’re all hot and bothered about daylight bright scopes, and that’s your opinion. I’m sorry you live on the surface of the Sun and need all that illumination. I guess we just don’t get as much sunshine here in Mississippi. But just because YOU don’t like something doesn’t mean someone else can’t.

Last edited:
Reactions: JS8588 and hypno02
A lot of LE/Mil can’t use personal gear, just cause you can doesn’t mean everyone can. I don’t think anyone suggested this needs to be a do all- go to war scope. But hey you’re all hot and bothered about daylight bright scopes, and that’s your opinion. I’m sorry you live on the surface of the Sun and need all that illumination. I guess we just don’t get as much sunshine here in Mississippi. But just because YOU don’t like something doesn’t mean someone else can’t.
Easy nellie, no need to get all riled up about your scope - If you like the gear and paid money for it, rock out with it.

I'm just stating the fact it isn't what most people consider daylight bright in this day and age - that may not be a priority for everyone, yourself included. I see it as a mistake by Trijicon as with the Accupowers they are discontinuing, but maybe the market will prove me wrong.

Also stating the fact that few people seem to buying them and even fewer (or none) reviewing them. Just seems to be little traction thus far with them, maybe that's due to supply (not many in the wild) or demand (not many buying them).

Few people seem to be buying them huh? Week ago friday sportoptics went backordered.
Checked out Midway on saturday they had 6, Credo hx 1-8 I bought 1.
Today they are backordered.
Have a great day

Reactions: RHINOWSO
Why Trijicon is befuddled on how to make a reticle daylight bright puzzles me. Perhaps too many years playing with Tritium and Fiber optics and never having to.

The Only LPVO I look at are ones that are daylight bright. to me, that's like making a scope that does not have zero stops.

It's 2020... Optics companies should know what design parameters are important... Trijicon is Like Colt, they have been living fat and happy for many years on Government contracts after close to twenty years of war.... and that kills innovation.

Trijicon is Like Colt, they have been living fat and happy for many years on Government contracts after close to twenty years of war.... and that kills innovation.
Agreed. I want to buy a Trijicon LPVO that has what I want, but they just don't make it.

The only thing I own that says TRIJICON on it these days are RMRs. TR24, Accupowers, MROs, all gone. Just RMRs. And I'm fine with that.

So I just got one of these yesterday.

My red does nothing, even in the dark, on the first setting. Both Red and Green are easily usable in daylight. I like the red during the day, but I may really like the green in low light.

I put it next to my Vortex Razor Gen3 1-10 for brightness comparison. This somewhat subjective, but I’d say the red on full (setting 5) is somewhere near the Razor 6-7.

I need to look through them side by side more, but first impression (again subjective) is that the glass is slightly less clear than the Razor gen3 1-10, really close though - but my eyes are not as good as they used to be.

I was looking for something like a 1-6 LPVO for a 300 blackout, but wanted a FFP. Wanted to try the primary arms with the ACSS reticle but they show out of stock and when I inquired about expected in stock time for the 300 blackout reticle version their rep just gave me a smart-alec answer that the 5.56 reticle version was in stock. So, that left this and the Eotech Vudu.

Credo is definitely brighter than the accupower. I
At first mine did not seem to be brighter. I installed a fresh battery and bam! Sure it is very bright. The reticle can be switched between green and red. The subtentions and the reticle is thinner as well. So there is a few nuances

So, I was playing with it more after getting it mounted. At night Incan just barely see the red on the lowest setting. I am wondering if it is intended for NV use at that setting.