• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 FFP Review

DedicatedShooter

Air Winger
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
NoVA
After a few months of searching for the perfect optic for my coyote rifle (Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel), I settled on Trijicon's new 2-10 Credo. I wanted something near 20oz in weight, FFP, illuminated with a usable MRAD tree-type reticle, a max power of around 10x, and a price tag in the mid-range of $1-1.5k. There aren't many options that have all of those features, there are several that have some of these options, but only the Credo had them all. I searched the interwebs for a deal and found one at DVOR at just under $1k shipped. Fortunately, I didn't have any fulfillment issues and had the scope at my door inside of a week from placing the order.

Before getting into this mini review, I wanted to ensure everyone was aware that this is my first optic review. Also, any photos taken through the scope were shot with my iPhone without any sort of adapter. They turned out alright but don't give a 100% accurate representation of image quality...this thing is impressive and I wish the photos could show all of that.

Unboxing
IMG_9731.jpg

IMG_9732.jpg

IMG_E9733 (1).jpg

Initial impressions pulling it out of the box were great. Box and foam inserts are high quality. Included with the scope are your run of the mill caps, neoprene scope coat, allen wrenches for the zerostop and throw lever hole plugs, a battery, manuals, warranty cards, stickers, and a lens cloth.

Exterior Features

IMG_9734.jpg

IMG_9735.jpg

IMG_9736.jpg
IMG_9737.jpg

As you can see from the outside, this thing is a no-frills optic. Being parallax free, your illumination knob is located conveniently along the left side of the saddle. The settings run 1-10 with an off setting in between each and it moves with very positive clicks and no mush. On the right side is a capped windage knob and on top is an exposed elevation turret. The coolest feature is the throw lever, which can be installed in two separate locations (between 5-6x or 3-4x) on the magnification ring or removed completely. There is an extra set screw to fill the hole if you choose to remove the throw lever. I didn't have to move it and chose to keep it between 5-6x. If it came installed in the 3-4x, I would've had to move it since it would have prevented me from working the bolt on my rifle. The magnification ring moves with the perfect amount of tension, not too hard and not too easy, with no gritty feeling. The diopter is not locking, which I would've preferred, but it was easy to adjust to find the right setting for my eye.

*Fun Fact: PS 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

IMG_9738.jpg

Installing the battery was a breeze. The top of the illumination knob screws off easily while holding the lower portion of the knob. You can see its sealed with an o-ring too, just like the other knobs.

IMG_9739.jpg

One of my favorite features is the ability to reset your turret to zero without tools. I don't always set my zerostop on my scopes and this makes it easy to check and adjust your zero without fumbling with allen wrenches and tiny screws. Just unscrew the top cap of the elevation knob, pull the lower adjuster body up and off the post, and spin it to align the 0 and push it back down. You can't make adjustments when the adjuster body is removed from the post and with how the post is cut, you can't mis-align the turret+, so the 0 is always perfectly inline with the lines on the scope body. The clicks on the elevation knob are positive with no creep. They aren't as audible as I'd like and they certainly aren't as audible as the windage knob but I don't have any complaints.

IMG_E9741.jpg

Return to zero is easy to set. Once you expose the mechanism, you loosen the three set screws on the black zero disk (you can only see one screw here), then let the disk drop down the adjustment housing, then spin it clockwise until the the disk stops, then tighten the three screws and reinstall the adjuster body. Done. You can see the two steel pins that create the "stop". Once set, it's a very positive CLUNK when you hit the stop. Very happy with that.

Mounting

IMG_E9754.jpg
IMG_E9774.jpg

Mounting was obviously a straight-forward endeavor. I was very happy with the eye box and the eye relief at all magnification levels. It's not finicky and doesn't require you to have absolutely perfect alignment with the tube in order to get a good sight picture with no shadow. The weight, at 23oz, feels amazing on top of my little Howa Mini. I've got it sitting in 1" Vortex PMR rings if you're curious.

Some Specs:
Eye Relief: 3.4 - 3.9 inches
Exit Pupil: .41 - .13 inches (10.5 - 3.4mm)
FOV @100yds: 50' - 10.1'
Total Adjustment (Windage and Elevation): 26.2 MRAD for each
Dimensions: 13.1 x 3.24 x 2.6
Weight: 23oz

Glass Quality
*** Again, the photos below were taken with my iPhone without any adapter. They don't give a 100% representation of image quality and reticle sharpness. Both were outstanding in person.

I've dropped all the shots through the scope below with some comments and final comments after those.

IMG_E9793.jpg

IMG_E9795.jpg
IMG_E9796.jpg

IMG_E9797.jpg

IMG_E9798.jpg
IMG_E9799.jpg
IMG_E9803.jpg
IMG_E9815.jpg

IMG_E9819.jpg
IMG_E9820.jpg

From 2x through 10x, I was extremely impressed with the image quality. Very bright and sharp with no defects. You can see a bit of green-ish chromatic aberration on the top edges of the paper target but I struggled to find more CA even when looking at edges of the mountains against the blue sky. I don't get overly worked up about CA but I understand it's one of the telltale signs of lower quality glass. This had very, very little. The image is crisp edge to edge (lost in these photos) and the reticle is equally crisp across its' entirety (again, lost in these photos).

The illumination is bright enough to be visible during the daylight and would be useful to get pointed onto a target at low power during the day. It's not overpowering and the shots you see here with illumination are on max power.

The reticle is plain awesome. The only thing I would change is to add some more wind holds along the half mil portions of the tree. The dot is larger than my SKMR3 and my EBR-7C but is not so large as to obscure a target. When shooting my plate at 786, I was able to spot misses from 5x-10x. Granted, its a sandy dirt range, but I was even able to pick out dust plumes in the shadowy area to the right of the target. Winds were 12-15 from 7 o'clock and my stupid slow Grendel load with 95VMAXs were getting shoved awfully hard so it was nice to be able to see those misses to the right of the target. I think this reticle is one of the reasons this scope stands out so well. It's extremely usable and offers a full 12 mils of elevation holds and up to 6 full mils of windage. Definitely an SPR-worthy optic/reticle combo.

*I couldn’t find a diagram of reticle subtensions on Trijicon’s website or else I would’ve put that data in here

After zeroing, I ran out of elevation at 13.2mils. I don't have any MOA built into my scope base and with 13.2mils I was able to get out to about 800yds with my rifle/load combo.

Wrap Up

For everything that I was looking for, this thing knocked it out of the park. I think a lot of us were asking for a 2-10x range scope with FFP and a great reticle, that doesn't weigh as much as a brick. I'm glad to see Trijicon delivered with this one. There was another thread someone started months back asking if this was SPR worthy, I would say hands down without a doubt that this thing would be wonderful on top of an SPR. If there is anything else I haven't covered or if you have other questions, feel free to ask! Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Good review, thanks for the detailed write-up. Did you get a chance to test the tracking and do a tall target test at all? And did you use holdovers at the various ranges or dial in?

Reactions: HollywoodActual
Thanks for taking the time to review.
I've been waiting for guys to get their hands on these and hear some opinions, sounds like these are a nice scope filling a niche that is not well supported in the scope market.

The reticle looks like it's sized well, the thick bars seem to make it nice and visible on 2x.

Good review, thanks for the detailed write-up. Did you get a chance to test the tracking and do a tall target test at all? And did you use holdovers at the various ranges or dial in?

I did not test tracking or do a tall target test. I did a quick boresight and a rough zero using the clay targets at 100. Then moved to the paper target. I’ll tell you that my first shots on paper were measured from center with the reticle and then adjusted. It was a spot on measurement and the adjustments were true, bringing me onto the center of my target.

When shooting at distance I used both adjustments and holdovers based on data provided by my Kestrel. Both The reticle and adjustments gave me the same point of impact with the same
point of aim.

Thanks for taking the time to review.
I've been waiting for guys to get their hands on these and hear some opinions, sounds like these are a nice scope filling a niche that is not well supported in the scope market.

The reticle looks like it's sized well, the thick bars seem to make it nice and visible on 2x.

Yea I am surprised there aren’t more folks who own them. You’re right though. The thick bars do bring your eyes into the center when you’re on 2x.

Yea I am surprised there aren’t more folks who own them. You’re right though. The thick bars do bring your eyes into the center when you’re on 2x.
I’m going to pick one up for my pops when the time comes. Would’ve been nice to see this come in a little shorter but 13” isn’t out of line.

This one was #1 on my DMR-ish list already ... currently have
NF 2.5-10x42 MIL-R
VO 2-10x32 MIL

But this credo 2-10x MIL looks like a good option and this data ^^ improves the picture from where I sit !

==
@DedicatedShooter have you ever looked thru an ACOG ? Curious how this glass compares ... better, worse, about the same. Thanks !

Last edited:
love mine just need a little bit more mag for what i'm trying to do, if anyone needs one i have one in the PX

Thanks for the review. I’m debating between the 2-10 and the 2.5-15 for my muzzleloader/backup hunting rifle scope. They seem to check a lot of the boxes I’m looking for.

Reactions: DedicatedShooter
This one was #1 on my DMR-ish list already ... currently have
NF 2.5-10x42 MIL-R
VO 2-10x32 MIL

But this credo 2-10x MIL looks like a good option and this data ^^ improves the picture from where I sit !

==
@DedicatedShooter have you ever looked thru an ACOG ? Curious how this glass compares ... better, worse, about the same. Thanks !

I've had a lot of time behind an ACOG, both the issued varieties (standard M4/M16 and the bigger one that's on the M240) and personally owned ones (had a 4x and a 3x model years ago). This glass is better or about the same. I've always been impressed with Trijicon's glass and this Credo doesn't disappoint. I remember the first time I looked through a 4x Accupoint a long time ago, man was I impressed at how bright everything was.

Have you noticed any issues with it being parallax free? All of your pics look like the reticle and target are both in focus, but how is it under 100 yards? I think this would be awesome on a pig gun, but wondering how it would look on those closer targets.

Very nice review.
I have a Primary Arms Platinum 1-8x24 with the ACSS Griffin reticle and love it. Glass, tracking, reticle have been outstanding.
I would think this fits your hunting needs better but just wanted to share.

Great review. Been looking at this optic since it came out. Also have a 18” Grendel that needs a DMR kinda optic. Was wondering about the illumination? Your saying that around 2-4 mag the illumination is basically bright enough to use during the day? Thanks in advance.

Great review. Been looking at this optic since it came out. Also have a 18” Grendel that needs a DMR kinda optic. Was wondering about the illumination? Your saying that around 2-4 mag the illumination is basically bright enough to use during the day? Thanks in advance.

It's bright enough to be visible during the day, however, I think the usability of it would depend on the shooter and the application. Like a lot of things with different optics, everyone's eyes and taste are different. I think you'd be better off running an angled RMR on the side of this scope if you need to engage very close range targets during a match. For hunting applications, I'd feel comfortable taking a shot inside 100yds on 2x. Depending on the time of day and ambient light conditions, I'd have the illum either on or off.

Thanks for the review, had my eye on one for a while. Glad some feedback is coming out on them. Anyone test the tracking on these yet?

Great job on the review. I'm interested in one of these and have questions about the fixed parallax. Trijicon doesn't quote the range, but I'm assuming 100 or 150 yds. Did you notice any lack of sharpness at long ranges?

Nice review, thanks for all the pics and detailed write-up.

I've had my eye on this one and hoping somebody here would review. I also think that the illum is a little hard to see on 2x; for me that wouldn't be a show-stopper as I'd be using this on a hunting rifle. Also as others, interested to hear your experience with the parallax and some details:

* What's the fixed parallax set to
* How does it do inside 100y

Great job on the review. I'm interested in one of these and have questions about the fixed parallax. Trijicon doesn't quote the range, but I'm assuming 100 or 150 yds. Did you notice any lack of sharpness at long ranges?

I did not. Because the highest magnification is 10x, I doubt you'd see any lack of sharpness at range.

Finally got mine to the range yesterday and I like it a lot. Good fit on my 16" Criterion 6.5 Grendel

Nice. I'm looking at the Credo for example that same type of use, though my 6.5G is 18". Couple things about using the scope with this rifle:

1. Have you tested as to whether the lack of parallax setting will be a significant problem, either at distances that are less than the fixed setting (is it 100y?), or at large distances?

2. If this is a potential defensive/serious-use rifle beyond just hunting/range, will you run some kind of either BUIS (inline? offset?), or an offset RDS, so that you have a true 1x sight? I'm thinking through whether I need this on my rifle if I get the Credo, and whether to keep it simple and go with inline BUIS like on my other rifles, or get fancier with offsets or RDS. :cool:

Nice. I'm looking at the Credo for example that same type of use, though my 6.5G is 18". Couple things about using the scope with this rifle:

1. Have you tested as to whether the lack of parallax setting will be a significant problem, either at distances that are less than the fixed setting (is it 100y?), or at large distances?

2. If this is a potential defensive/serious-use rifle beyond just hunting/range, will you run some kind of either BUIS (inline? offset?), or an offset RDS, so that you have a true 1x sight? I'm thinking through whether I need this on my rifle if I get the Credo, and whether to keep it simple and go with inline BUIS like on my other rifles, or get fancier with offsets or RDS. :cool:

I was only doing shot at 100 yesterday, since I only had about an hour before the USPSA match I was in started. Also that was the first time I had shot the rifle since I just built it last week, and was tuning the gas setting as well.

I don't plan on putting BUIS on it at all. That 5.56 SBR is what I plan on grabbing if I have to defend myself with a carbine.

Thanks for putting together the review, any use ever in timber? I'm looking to put it on a M1A for deer and hogs.

Picked one up for the wifeys light spr build from europtic based on this review - 18" 223 wylde proof carbon setup. Will see how it runs in class once it's all put together. Its light and bright with a great reticle so have high hopes

After a few months of searching for the perfect optic for my coyote rifle (Howa Mini 6.5 Grendel), I settled on Trijicon's new 2-10 Credo. I wanted something near 20oz in weight, FFP, illuminated with a usable MRAD tree-type reticle, a max power of around 10x, and a price tag in the mid-range of $1-1.5k. There aren't many options that have all of those features, there are several that have some of these options, but only the Credo had them all. I searched the interwebs for a deal and found one at DVOR at just under $1k shipped. Fortunately, I didn't have any fulfillment issues and had the scope at my door inside of a week from placing the order.

Before getting into this mini review, I wanted to ensure everyone was aware that this is my first optic review. Also, any photos taken through the scope were shot with my iPhone without any sort of adapter. They turned out alright but don't give a 100% accurate representation of image quality...this thing is impressive and I wish the photos could show all of that.

Unboxing
View attachment 7399725
View attachment 7399726
View attachment 7399727

Initial impressions pulling it out of the box were great. Box and foam inserts are high quality. Included with the scope are your run of the mill caps, neoprene scope coat, allen wrenches for the zerostop and throw lever hole plugs, a battery, manuals, warranty cards, stickers, and a lens cloth.

Exterior Features

View attachment 7400506
View attachment 7400507
View attachment 7400508View attachment 7400509

As you can see from the outside, this thing is a no-frills optic. Being parallax free, your illumination knob is located conveniently along the left side of the saddle. The settings run 1-10 with an off setting in between each and it moves with very positive clicks and no mush. On the right side is a capped windage knob and on top is an exposed elevation turret. The coolest feature is the throw lever, which can be installed in two separate locations (between 5-6x or 3-4x) on the magnification ring or removed completely. There is an extra set screw to fill the hole if you choose to remove the throw lever. I didn't have to move it and chose to keep it between 5-6x. If it came installed in the 3-4x, I would've had to move it since it would have prevented me from working the bolt on my rifle. The magnification ring moves with the perfect amount of tension, not too hard and not too easy, with no gritty feeling. The diopter is not locking, which I would've preferred, but it was easy to adjust to find the right setting for my eye.

*Fun Fact: PS 119:105 says "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

View attachment 7400522

Installing the battery was a breeze. The top of the illumination knob screws off easily while holding the lower portion of the knob. You can see its sealed with an o-ring too, just like the other knobs.

View attachment 7400523

One of my favorite features is the ability to reset your turret to zero without tools. I don't always set my zerostop on my scopes and this makes it easy to check and adjust your zero without fumbling with allen wrenches and tiny screws. Just unscrew the top cap of the elevation knob, pull the lower adjuster body up and off the post, and spin it to align the 0 and push it back down. You can't make adjustments when the adjuster body is removed from the post and with how the post is cut, you can't mis-align the turret+, so the 0 is always perfectly inline with the lines on the scope body. The clicks on the elevation knob are positive with no creep. They aren't as audible as I'd like and they certainly aren't as audible as the windage knob but I don't have any complaints.

View attachment 7400524

Return to zero is easy to set. Once you expose the mechanism, you loosen the three set screws on the black zero disk (you can only see one screw here), then let the disk drop down the adjustment housing, then spin it clockwise until the the disk stops, then tighten the three screws and reinstall the adjuster body. Done. You can see the two steel pins that create the "stop". Once set, it's a very positive CLUNK when you hit the stop. Very happy with that.

Mounting

View attachment 7400534View attachment 7400537

Mounting was obviously a straight-forward endeavor. I was very happy with the eye box and the eye relief at all magnification levels. It's not finicky and doesn't require you to have absolutely perfect alignment with the tube in order to get a good sight picture with no shadow. The weight, at 23oz, feels amazing on top of my little Howa Mini. I've got it sitting in 1" Vortex PMR rings if you're curious.

Some Specs:
Eye Relief: 3.4 - 3.9 inches
Exit Pupil: .41 - .13 inches (10.5 - 3.4mm)
FOV @100yds: 50' - 10.1'
Total Adjustment (Windage and Elevation): 26.2 MRAD for each
Dimensions: 13.1 x 3.24 x 2.6
Weight: 23oz

Glass Quality
*** Again, the photos below were taken with my iPhone without any adapter. They don't give a 100% representation of image quality and reticle sharpness. Both were outstanding in person.

I've dropped all the shots through the scope below with some comments and final comments after those.

View attachment 7400553

View attachment 7400555View attachment 7400556
View attachment 7400557
View attachment 7400558View attachment 7400559View attachment 7400560View attachment 7400561
View attachment 7400562View attachment 7400563

From 2x through 10x, I was extremely impressed with the image quality. Very bright and sharp with no defects. You can see a bit of green-ish chromatic aberration on the top edges of the paper target but I struggled to find more CA even when looking at edges of the mountains against the blue sky. I don't get overly worked up about CA but I understand it's one of the telltale signs of lower quality glass. This had very, very little. The image is crisp edge to edge (lost in these photos) and the reticle is equally crisp across its' entirety (again, lost in these photos).

The illumination is bright enough to be visible during the daylight and would be useful to get pointed onto a target at low power during the day. It's not overpowering and the shots you see here with illumination are on max power.

The reticle is plain awesome. The only thing I would change is to add some more wind holds along the half mil portions of the tree. The dot is larger than my SKMR3 and my EBR-7C but is not so large as to obscure a target. When shooting my plate at 786, I was able to spot misses from 5x-10x. Granted, its a sandy dirt range, but I was even able to pick out dust plumes in the shadowy area to the right of the target. Winds were 12-15 from 7 o'clock and my stupid slow Grendel load with 95VMAXs were getting shoved awfully hard so it was nice to be able to see those misses to the right of the target. I think this reticle is one of the reasons this scope stands out so well. It's extremely usable and offers a full 12 mils of elevation holds and up to 6 full mils of windage. Definitely an SPR-worthy optic/reticle combo.

*I couldn’t find a diagram of reticle subtensions on Trijicon’s website or else I would’ve put that data in here

After zeroing, I ran out of elevation at 13.2mils. I don't have any MOA built into my scope base and with 13.2mils I was able to get out to about 800yds with my rifle/load combo.

Wrap Up

For everything that I was looking for, this thing knocked it out of the park. I think a lot of us were asking for a 2-10x range scope with FFP and a great reticle, that doesn't weigh as much as a brick. I'm glad to see Trijicon delivered with this one. There was another thread someone started months back asking if this was SPR worthy, I would say hands down without a doubt that this thing would be wonderful on top of an SPR. If there is anything else I haven't covered or if you have other questions, feel free to ask! Thanks everyone.
Thank you for taking such time to share. Your experience is conveyed well and it’s an easy A+ review.

Interesting little DMR scope. Has me considering it for when I revisit my MK12 mod 1 build again. Should have never sold that upper.

8 mil turrets?

Reactions: jpop8807
Yep. 8 mil turrets. I have one on my .308 gasser, I works really well for what I consider my effective range to be with that rifle.
Don't have a rifle to put it on but non the less the OP is making me want one. Just sold our VX6HD and was thinking I'd replace it with a VX5HD Mil/Mil HTMR reticle as it's perfect at 3-15x44 and 19oz. Only worry would be Leupy's track record with that line. Have thought about the NXS 2.5-10x42 several times too but the 5 mil turrets are driving me insane. I think the Credo will be it for a DMR/SPR build though, it looks like a promising little scope.

I have to say though Trijicon's lineup is confusing there is like 5 different tiers of branding with hunting variants of two of those lines and no consistency what so ever in form factor, MOA/MRAD, etc. It's strange and makes me wonder if they'll continue to support all those SKUs down the road.

Don't have a rifle to put it on but non the less the OP is making me want one. Just sold our VX6HD and was thinking I'd replace it with a VX5HD Mil/Mil HTMR reticle as it's perfect at 3-15x44 and 19oz. Only worry would be Leupy's track record with that line. Have thought about the NXS 2.5-10x42 several times too but the 5 mil turrets are driving me insane. I think the Credo will be it for a DMR/SPR build though, it looks like a promising little scope.

I have to say though Trijicon's lineup is confusing there is like 5 different tiers of branding with hunting variants of two of those lines and no consistency what so ever in form factor, MOA/MRAD, etc. It's strange and makes me wonder if they'll continue to support all those SKUs down the road.
A friend has recently bought that model VX5, if you are happy with SFP then its a pretty nice option.
The reticle is a very nice size, easy to pickup on 3x but not too thick at 15x.

Reactions: 5RWill

Unless you absolutely need 3x at the bottom it might be worth waiting till late summer...

I have a SFP Credo MIL 2.5-15x42 coming tomorrow. So hard to find any reviews, the specs are great so I decided to get my hands on one. Agree that the lineup is confusing.

Reactions: hseII and 5RWill
I have a SFP Credo MIL 2.5-15x42 coming tomorrow. So hard to find any reviews, the specs are great so I decided to get my hands on one. Agree that the lineup is confusing.
I was in the same boat as you, nothing but a couple vague youtube videos. Just received mine last week and so far its a great scope. Little finicky at 15x with eye placement but other than that I really like it on my 308 semi auto.

I picked up a big brother of this earlier this year (2.5-15x56 MRAD). My goal was max low light illumination.

Trijicon is doing an admirable job at keeping the product lines confusing.

Last edited:
There’s a great deal on one of these in the classifieds if anyone is looking.

Reactions: ChrisAU