• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon has announced new ir-hunter and reap 2's

324matt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2019
Dorsey, Illinois
Looking at the spec sheets, trijicon has lowered the base mags, while keeping the current FOV. Which is dumb IMHO.

They did add some reticles which is nice.

But, over all, Im dissapointed. Im glad I stuck with the older models.

Atleast their made in the USA

they didnt need much changed and what did need changed looks t have happened. external usb-c power, better reticles and adj focus on the 60.

I didn’t see the 300 blk reticle picture anywhere there
300blk.PNG

Resurrecting this old thread with more info on the series 2 ir hunter 60mm. Spoke to a tech today about fov being the same on the old vs new models. His explanation was that the old company (before Trijicon took over) had calculated the magnification wrong and the mkiii 60mm is actually a 3x scope. So from what I understand the series 2 has a new scope body, adjustable focus, and new reticles/ software … the rest is the same.

I’m almost ready to buy so I have been doing some research on thermals and Trijicon has been super helpful the couple times I called them with a question. Anyone have any experience with the new model yet?

Resurrecting this old thread with more info on the series 2 ir hunter 60mm. Spoke to a tech today about fov being the same on the old vs new models. His explanation was that the old company (before Trijicon took over) had calculated the magnification wrong and the mkiii 60mm is actually a 3x scope. So from what I understand the series 2 has a new scope body, adjustable focus, and new reticles/ software … the rest is the same.

I’m almost ready to buy so I have been doing some research on thermals and Trijicon has been super helpful the couple times I called them with a question. Anyone have any experience with the new model yet?
The new 60mm was on my short list a few months ago also, but it fell through and I ended up with a cheaper clip on to get me by that I intend to re-sell for an Eotech once they are released.

I couldn't find much info about them either at the time.

Bug them about the need for half mil hash marks in their FFP Mil reticle next time you talk to them. They said they would add them if enough people showed interest.

The Hunter 60-2 is what I will go with if the Eotech clip-on doesn't work out.

Reactions: IronOperator87
The new 60mm was on my short list a few months ago also, but it fell through and I ended up with a cheaper clip on to get me by that I intend to re-sell for an Eotech once they are released.

I couldn't find much info about them either at the time.

Bug them about the need for half mil hash marks in their FFP Mil reticle next time you talk to them. They said they would add them if enough people showed interest.

The Hunter 60-2 is what I will go with if the Eotech clip-on doesn't work out.
I assumed the small hash marks on reticle 1 were half mil… no? If that’s the case that would definitely mess me up.

I assumed the small hash marks on reticle 1 were half mil… no? If that’s the case that would definitely mess me up.
I assumed the same thing, but I wasn't positive, so I asked two different techs and got the same answer from both.

EACH hash mark is 1 mil. The small ones are odd numbers, the big ones even numbers, and it's a First Focal Plane, so they stay that way no matter what magnification you're on.

Also, the reticle switches polarity based on what color object is in the center and there is no option to lock it to just one. My N-Vision did the same thing and I hated how quickly it would change. They gave a setting to lock it, but the only color choice was a black reticle on black hot or vice versa on white.

From the videos I've seen, the Trijicon seems to stay the appropriate color longer and looks like it works much better.

All second hand info from research I've done. I've never had my hands on one so take it for what it's worth.

Great info
I assumed the same thing, but I wasn't positive, so I asked two different techs and got the same answer from both.

EACH hash mark is 1 mil. The small ones are odd numbers, the big ones even numbers, and it's a First Focal Plane, so they stay that way no matter what magnification you're on.

Also, the reticle switches polarity based on what color object is in the center and there is no option to lock it to just one. My N-Vision did the same thing and I hated how quickly it would change. They gave a setting to lock it, but the only color choice was a black reticle on black hot or vice versa on white.

From the videos I've seen, the Trijicon seems to stay the appropriate color longer and looks like it works much better.

All second hand info from research I've done. I've never had my hands on one so take it for what it's worth.
I’ve read through some of your other posts and that’s what steered me in this direction. The mil reticle in the Trijicon is definitely a bummer. Makes you wonder what they were thinking. There seems to be a disconnect from the precision rifle world to the thermal world.

Reactions: P&Y