• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon mk hunter or reap ir

I don't think it really makes a difference. I have a mk2. The turrets are higher profile and hypothetically easier to break?

Have both, turrets on the Hunter are easier to navigate, but the Reap has a quick menu option with basic functions that is very convenient. Use either enough and it will become natural to you.

Reactions: Frog05
I debated this same thing for a couple of months before I made a purchase. I ended up going with the Reap-ir and love it. The only downside that I can see is if you are wearing mittens or really heavy gloves.

I debated this same thing for a couple of months before I made a purchase. I ended up going with the Reap-ir and love it. The only downside that I can see is if you are wearing mittens or really heavy gloves.

Hi, I am nearing pulling the trigger on a Reap. DId you get version 1 or 2?

I see this is a Trijicon thread, but have you considered the Halo LR? I was at this same crossroads 6 months ago, and went with the Halo LR and love it! The CS and accurate Mil holdover reticle sold me on it. Trijicon may have a true Mil holdover reticle by now, I’m not sure.

I've used a number of the joystick housing units and the turret housing units. As spotters, I like the joysticks. The joystick housing units are nice due to the quick menu. But for shooting, I definitely like the turrets.
For zeroing, the turrets, for me, are way easier. I wind up "clicking" too far sometimes with the joystick.
And as others have said, the turrets definitely have the advantage with gloves.
A few people who were heavy users, had recoil issues with the reapv1, which is why they changed the battery compartment on the v2. But the v1 has more external battery options and has a dove tail so you can wear it on your head.

I don't use dedicated thermals anymore, but if I did, I'd go with the Halo-LR due to the mil-hash reticle. They have the same cores and even same rear ends as the reaps and hunters. If I had to buy a trijicon dedicated site, I'd get a hunter, it was really designed from the ground up as a dedicated sight and has a more robust mount and a germanium sac lens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Core10