• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon Mk3 60mm on bolt gun

Jbail1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Does anyone have a Trijicon MK3 60mm on a Rem 700/clone bolt gun? Would appreciate bolt-up pics if you do. Any issues scope contact when opening the bolt?

Thanks

This is a Zeus Pro, not a mk3 60mm ... but it is on a rem700 .300WM(24) ... and the idea I used here would work for the mk3 60mm as well ... riser, reversed with the long end hanging off the back of the scope base.

gVv5vh5.jpg

Now in this case, with the 20 moa base and the extra elevation, I was only crank DOWN on the Zeus to where I was 3 mils high at 100yds, which meant I was zeroed at like 675yds. So I had to hold down, all the way out to 500yds, which is as far as I shot it. But the zeus had a mil square reticle, which was usable on 2x digital (8x net), so I could hold down just fine.

==

This is Pulsar XD50a on the same gun ...

lsIHGr8.jpg

And this worked way better, because the out of the box pulsar mount is reversable and can be cantilever forward or cantilever backwards ... or cantilevel nuetral, three positions. So with it in cantilever backwards, it worked fine on the 20 moa base and this setup worked out to 500yds as well.

==
So it would work better on a flat base. But on a 20 moa base, you might have to hold down if you can't crank down enough MOA on the scope to zero at 100yds without holding down.

==
No issues with scope contact. It is up high on these mounts. The issue is getting it far enough to the rear to get decent eye relief.

Perfect. Thanks. That’s pretty much what I’d invisioned. The Bighorn SR3 Action I’m using has a 20 MOA rail. Going to try to find a 0 MOA extended riser to reverse mount for the scope. Was thinking I may have to go with the Reap 60, but will probably stuck with the MK3 on this one.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-tactical-picatinny-riser-qd-lt101/

This is what I use for putting Trijicon Thermals on a bolt gun.
Like Wig indicated above, install the rail in reverse, to gain more rail
real estate behind the action's rail.

The Larue is a 0 moa rail, i do believe..

If you were to use a rail riser with built in cant, such as the Badger 22moa
rail riser, and install in reverse.. it would effectively negate the Rifle's 20moa
rail ( assuming your action has a 20 moa rail ) and cancel it out, if attaining
a thermal zero is an issue .

Last edited: