• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon Patrol - clip on capable?

mako15

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
I am getting mixed responses from various sources on whether the patrol can be used as a clip-on.

Any idea what its real capabilities are regarding being a clip-on?

Compared to a SkeetIRX, it is missing tracIR, a laser, and 1x magnification. Definite clip-on capable through. Anything else.

The wait for a skeetIRX (or Voodoo) is killing me.

Also, does the .5 extra (1.5 mag) render it somewhat unsuitable next to a PVS-14 on a bridge?

Thanks!

For the skeet, the laser is useful if you are part of a unit pointing things out, and the TracIr is hardly useful. Exactly how much help do you need on hold off for a 4x mag or so. The biggest difference is the size and weight. Second is the screen quality.

Reactions: mako15
The laser isn't really a feature I need. I plan on getting a Raptar S at some point so having trac IR could be good. Was really hoping for a voodoo, but that is way out time-wise. I have a better shot of finding a skeetIRX.

Is the screen quality difference very noticeable?

The laser isn't really a feature I need. I plan on getting a Raptar S at some point so having trac IR could be good. Was really hoping for a voodoo, but that is way out time-wise. I have a better shot of finding a skeetIRX.

Is the screen quality difference very noticeable?
I can say the image is noticeably better. I assume it is screen quality, as the core in the Patrol is actually a bit more advanced.

You can mount a laser on the patrol or a radius or a raptar

50542702037_087067bf5e_k.jpg

The patrol will work on your head ... its not perfect, but it works, I've used it for years.

And yes, you have to find an older one with the CLIPON menu option if you want to use it as a clipon.

50429188187_cc6d5fa946_k.jpg

There also the Nox-18 a commin' ... no clipon capability, no HPR (skeet has HPR), but smaller, lighter than patrol and closer to 1x. Probably a tad cheaper ... time will tell.
Depends on your priorities.
Patrol is more flexible than the skeet with that accessory rail, that's my plus for the patrol.

I need helmet mounting capability. Otherwise LWTS could be very right.