• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Trijicon Reap 2 External Battery

Cat Spring

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2020
Does anyone commercially sell a external battery that fits the Reap 2 vertical battery set up? Thank you....
P.S.-Besides no external battery pack I was really surprised that Trijicon views the video download cable as a $299 accessory.

Last edited:
Trijicon laid a Fat Turd with the Reap-IR v2. Menus suck. No external battery support sucks. I mean hell, even my UTC's and SkeetIR's support external batteries! WTF?

Halo-LR kicks Reap-IR ass. All. Day. Long.

There is nothing the Reap does that the Halo doesn't do better. In most cases, MUCH better.

Their new slogan should be: "Trijicon -- you can get better, but you can't pay more."

[RANT=OFF]

higher mag, and ability to mount 12 o clock red dots. i don't have an opinion, just devils advocate

Reactions: TheHorta
I personally like my Reap 60. Allows for red dot or laser beam on the top or the Raptar. Also I like the reap joy stick functions. Not sure if it’s cause I’m left handed and I just gravitate that way though or what. My preference in bolt guns is right bolt left eject so make of it what you will. The determining factor for me getting the Reap 60 over the LR was none of the NVision dealers would break from MAP and I got a deal on the 60 (read almost same price). Plus it has 1x more magnification which fit in with my Reap 35 v1 gap wise. Trijicon has also been good to me warranty wise but I know others haven’t had such good luck.

I too have the v2 external which while isn’t perfect works well enough. And the V1 external cap is actually a pretty good option.

So while I know NVision is killin it now days the Reap isn’t a bitch.

Last edited:
i had the reap v2 and the mk3 60. the halo LR smokes them both without question hands down end of story. the obvious issue with the v2 battery housing sucks and when youre hunting 3--5 nights a week, cr123 get real pricey real quick. i could give at least a dozen reasons why the halo and nvision in general is better but meh.

there is someone building a work around for the v2 batt housing that ive seen where it uses a dummy battery with cable tether coming out under the batt lid. i think its is shawnee predator solutions possibly.

1601468160375.png

i had the reap v2 and the mk3 60. the halo LR smokes them both without question hands down end of story. the obvious issue with the v2 battery housing sucks and when youre hunting 3--5 nights a week, cr123 get real pricey real quick. i could give at least a dozen reasons why the halo and nvision in general is better but meh.

there is someone building a work around for the v2 batt housing that ive seen where it uses a dummy battery with cable tether coming out under the batt lid. i think its is shawnee predator solutions possibly.

View attachment 7436028
Trying to get rid of your reap or mk3?