• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes trijicon red or green??

Yoda

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
The new trijicon TR24 has a red triangle, and a new green triangle. Which is better, or more visable daylight hours??

Re: trijicon red or green??

on my T Dot red/green optic you can't see green as well as red during the day. Trijicon is just now making a green reticle as amber and red were the only colors made until recently. if I couldn't switch between both I'd go with red.

Mark- Thanks, Trijicon didn't have a good answer-The rep "thought" the new green would be more visable than their red. Seems like it would be...BUT nothing is as it seems. Throw the dice, or go with a known, or red. Thanks--

I've got a Nikon with red / green recticle: red is better for me during day and green is better in dusk/dawn but I also have a Accupoint with a red triangle and it works for good for my in all light conditions.

Red reticles in my ACOGs have never been difficult to see during the day.

If you can't see the pipper on a Trijicon, a different color isn't going to help you very much.

Remember...; ask yourself, "What would Yoda do...?"

(Oops, sorry, I just noticed; you <span style="font-style: italic">are</span> Yoda...)

Greg-I decieded to go on the forum for expert advice.
Thank you, sir-