• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Scopes

Nethero

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2022
Ohio
Are trijicon rifle scopes etched glass? Can you see the reticle without illumination on? And are they daylight bright?

How about warranty? Have any of you ever used it? Do they honor warranty problems without issue? And do they handle warranty items outside of the actual end of warranty period?

On the Trijicon lpvo’s I have you can see the reticle without illumination. I don’t think I’d call them daylight bright at least those the ones that are battery powered. The glass is excellent.

Ive had zero issues with mine so never contacted them for warranty work.

Reactions: Nethero
I have a Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 FFP. This is the predecessor to their Tenmile line.
The reticle is totally visible without illumination. I'd call the illumination daylight visible.
Warranty is great - several days before a 2-day precision rifle match, my rifle fell off of a bench from about 3 feet. Landed directly on top of the scope, scuffed the elevation turret, and dinged the sunshade. It also dinged and knocked the sunshade crooked into the threads, to the point where I was unable to unscrew and remove it. The scope didn't lose zero and still seemed to track fine, so I shot the match with it, crooked and dinged sunshade and all.
After the match, I sent the scope to Trijicon to have the sunshade removed and replaced, and to have it mechanically inspected for tracking. I fully expected to pay for the replacement sunshade. Trijicon replaced the sunshade at no cost, inspected the scope for tracking, and they replaced the scuffed elevation turret as well. They also sent me new Tenebraex lens caps and a lens pen. This was during COVID when they were apparently very short staffed, and I still had my scope back within a couple of weeks. In my experience their CS was fantastic.
I'm still using the scope frequently for comps and it has been thoroughly reliable and tracks perfectly.

I have a Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 FFP. This is the predecessor to their Tenmile line.
The reticle is totally visible without illumination. I'd call the illumination daylight visible.
Warranty is great - several days before a 2-day precision rifle match, my rifle fell off of a bench from about 3 feet. Landed directly on top of the scope, scuffed the elevation turret, and dinged the sunshade. It also dinged and knocked the sunshade crooked into the threads, to the point where I was unable to unscrew and remove it. The scope didn't lose zero and still seemed to track fine, so I shot the match with it, crooked and dinged sunshade and all.
After the match, I sent the scope to Trijicon to have the sunshade removed and replaced, and to have it mechanically inspected for tracking. I fully expected to pay for the replacement sunshade. Trijicon replaced the sunshade at no cost, inspected the scope for tracking, and they replaced the scuffed elevation turret as well. They also sent me new Tenebraex lens caps and a lens pen. This was during COVID when they were apparently very short staffed, and I still had my scope back within a couple of weeks. In my experience their CS was fantastic.
I'm still using the scope frequently for comps and it has been thoroughly reliable and tracks perfectly.
That is great stuff to hear! Thank you.

I have a 4.5-30 tenmile and I think it is excellent. I've had it side by side with quite a few scopes and think it is neck and neck with MK5, ATACR, etc. The tooless zero on the trijicon is phenomenal.....

I have a 4.5-30 tenmile and I think it is excellent. I've had it side by side with quite a few scopes and think it is neck and neck with MK5, ATACR, etc. The tooless zero on the trijicon is phenomenal.....
I am not sure if they changed the optical formula went they went from the Accupower to the Tenmile, but I would not put the glass in the Trijicon quite on par with the ATACR. I have a 5-25 ATACR to compare directly - the Trijicon's glass is excellent, but it exhibits a tiny bit of CA, and does not cut heavy mirage at long distance as well as the NF. The color on the NF glass is better/more true to my eyes. I don't have experience with the Mk5 to compare.

I'd put the glass on the Trijicon on par with G2 Razor HD, if not slightly better, so very good. I have also found the parallax dial on the Trijicon to be really accurate - the yardage marks on the dial line up well with actual observed parallax at distance. But... ATACR glass it is not.

That said, I agree that the toolless zero on the Trijicon is AWESOME.

Reactions: Nethero
If you were conscious of price and advantages/disadvantages would you say the ATACR is “worth” the added cost? Those Trijicons really seem to be appealing to me.

I don’t do any long distance shooting (yet) so talking shooting in excess of 400 yards/meters is of no consequence to me for now. But I completely understand good glass cutting through mirage better than others. Similarly I have found the Meopta S2 MeoStar spotting scope capable of cutting through heat waves and mirage better than Swaro ATX/ATS, Leica, Nikon EDG, Zeiss FL, etc.

Given that Meopta makes the Nightforce spotting scopes, does anyone know if they also make any rifle scopes for them?

I am not sure if they changed the optical formula went they went from the Accupower to the Tenmile, but I would not put the glass in the Trijicon quite on par with the ATACR. I have a 5-25 ATACR to compare directly - the Trijicon's glass is excellent, but it exhibits a tiny bit of CA, and does not cut heavy mirage at long distance as well as the NF. The color on the NF glass is better/more true to my eyes. I don't have experience with the Mk5 to compare.

I'd put the glass on the Trijicon on par with G2 Razor HD, if not slightly better, so very good. I have also found the parallax dial on the Trijicon to be really accurate - the yardage marks on the dial line up well with actual observed parallax at distance. But... ATACR glass it is not.

That said, I agree that the toolless zero on the Trijicon is AWESOME.
To each their own. Side by side with my 7-35 ATACR, the Trijicon competes. No abnoxious ATACR ocular design to deal with either.

Reactions: enichols
If you were conscious of price and advantages/disadvantages would you say the ATACR is “worth” the added cost? Those Trijicons really seem to be appealing to me.

I don’t do any long distance shooting (yet) so talking shooting in excess of 400 yards/meters is of no consequence to me for now. But I completely understand good glass cutting through mirage better than others. Similarly I have found the Meopta S2 MeoStar spotting scope capable of cutting through heat waves and mirage better than Swaro ATX/ATS, Leica, Nikon EDG, Zeiss FL, etc.

Given that Meopta makes the Nightforce spotting scopes, does anyone know if they also make any rifle scopes for them?
No one can answer whether the additional cost is worth it to you, but you. One of the things I appreciate about the ATACR is the reticle which has finer 0.2mil subtensions on the main vertical and horizontal stadia, and throughout the reticle tree. The Trijicon uses 0.5mil subtensions on the main stadia, then 0.2mil dots on the tree. I don't like mixing the two and prefer keeping the subtensions consistent. That said, the Trijicon's glass has never caused me to miss a shot at any distance.

To each their own. Side by side with my 7-35 ATACR, the Trijicon competes. No abnoxious ATACR ocular design to deal with either.

That's great to hear - as I said, my experience is with the Accupower 4.5-30 which preceded the Tenmile. Perhaps Trijicon updated their optical formula for the newer model. I am one of those weirdos who doesn't mind the NF ocular. It gives you a whole lot of purchase when you're trying to make adjustments while stressed. But, as you said, to each their own. Also, I really prefer that the ATACR has a locking diopter. The Trijicon does not, and its diopter rotates really easily. I would constantly knock the diopter out of adjustment on the Trijicon. I secured it with a little electrical tape, but it was definitely annoying.

Reactions: 3rdfocal
Trijicon stopped being relevant a decade ago if not more. Chads buy their shit based on name recognition which are just imported Japanese oem scopes with the prices jacked up.

You can do much better for similar prices.

I buy them because I can get them close to/at wholesale and they're not made in China. They're the best option for me that meets that criteria.

Reactions: Modoc
The Credo and Ten Mile scopes are GTG. Yes, they are japanes OEM. But they are quality and fall within the price range where expected.

Reactions: Earnhardt