• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon TA11 calibration /velocity Q

Captain Kirk

Roberts Tactical Precison
Banned !
Little info out there and on Trijicon's site. Looking for velocity info for the TA11 reticle calibration, 55gr bullet @ <span style="text-decoration: underline">????</span> fps
I was shooting for 2700 but I figured some here has bothered to load for their AR15s and check calibration.

Rifle is a 16" 1/9 twist

Thanks in advance
Kirk R

Re: Trijicon TA11 calibration /velocity Q

I looked into all the Trijicon ACOG models/reticles a few years back trying to decide what setup would work best for my rifle/situation (ended up with a TA31F). In doing so, I got a lot of good information directly from Trijicon and from others around and about who had used various models, including the 3.5x TA11.

The TA11 Red "donut of death" reticle was designed around the standard M16A2, 20" barrel, mounted using the TA30 carry-handle screw/mount, with 55gr military ball (M193) at 3250fps (it may have been 3200fps, but I can't specifically recall and I don't have my "research" on this issue in front of me). In either event, it was SIGNIFICANTLY higher velocity than the 2700fps you were shooting for.

I'll look this evening when I have a chance and confirm the specific velocity for you. Also, Trijicon will give you the specs if you contact them and let them know what you need.

According to my info I just checked...it is 3250fps, Kirk. That is what I got from Trijicon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to my info I just checked...it is 3250fps, Kirk. That is what I got from Trijicon. </div></div>

Well, that seems awfully fast, I cant work up a load with the 55 grainers that are going past 3K fps, at MAX load with the current powder out of a 16" tube. The m193 is 3250, good to know that is what it is setup for.

Thanks

Kirk R

Yeah...with a 16" tube, I doubt that you will be able to get to 3250fps, but I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility. I don't reload 55gr ball, but I am sure that some of the guys in the reloading section may be able to get you headed in the right direction or be able to better tell you if you can get there or get closer with your setup.

Good luck!