• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon TARS to Premier/TT?

thehun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 24, 2018
    Recently got a TARS103...always wanted one for some reason and I am glad I did.

Glass is dead nuts awesome and I really like the turrets. It is heavy...like a Razor but no biggie on that front for me...

After comparing it to Premier and Tangent...there are a lot of design cues that each share...so my question is...did Trijicon back in the day copy Premier's goodies or what happened? At a first glance the Premier, TARS and TT315s share the same basic design...

Well, the Premier more or less got rolled into Tangent Theta when TT bought up what was left of Premier so there will be design similarities between those two. As far as the TARS goes, if I squint and look sideways I can see some similarities but mostly I just see basic design features that are common to most tactical long range optics. It's possible that Optronika (the design team behind the PR Heritage) helped Trijicon with the design but that's speculating, I'm not sure that's the actually the case, but Optronika has been used by other optics companies to help design their scopes.

Reactions: thehun
    Yeah I mostly see the similarity in scope body design (not the turret housing) and the ocular housing...when you put it next to each other side by side the similarities are there and makes you go hmmm....Premier/TARS/TT 3-15 seems awfully close...turrets feel exactly the same between TT and TARS...same tactile feel and sound...

The glass also seems VEEERY similarly spec'd...I couldn't honestly tell a difference between the two...I haven't looked through a Premier but the TARS/TT has one of the best piece of glass I ever looked down...only a ZCO so far can top it...

I wish Trijicon would have but some wind holds into the JW Mil reticle like they did on the MOA reticle but its 100% useable for my needs...