• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Tenmile 3-18X44 FOV?

timk311

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2022
Was in sportsmans looking through a tenmile 3-18x44 and couldnt believe how horrible the FOV was even on 3 power. The specs list it as something like 36' but no way can that be true. Maybe It was a lemon but the FOV of the Mark 5HD 3.6-18 which is listed at a much lower FOV was obviously greater then the tenmile plus the Mark 5 was noticeably brighter and much easier to get behind.
It also seemed like I was looking through a pipe with the trijicon.
I really wanted to like this scope but couldnt believe how bad it was to my eyes.
Anyone else think the same thing?
It seems to get really good reviews

I'm currently saving up for one but haven't looked through one. On paper I really thought it'd be perfect for my 20" Shilen build. Hopefully that was a lemon.

I've also looked through one of these. It was the same way. And another poster on here a month or so ago said the same thing.

I think its normal for the scope. Way too tight for me.

I have one coming to me Monday. I've seen nothing but rave reviews. I needed sub 28oz WITH caps to make weight for NRL Hunter Open Light and this seemed to be by far my best choice. Mark5 would have been iffy once I stepped up to 35mm rings, and I've had a few of those and like variety and I am suspect of their durability. I had to send one back to Loopy myself because the turret would only spin one rev. I do like the glass in them and the feel of the turrets though.

I have one coming to me Monday. I've seen nothing but rave reviews. I needed sub 28oz WITH caps to make weight for NRL Hunter Open Light and this seemed to be by far my best choice. Mark5 would have been iffy once I stepped up to 35mm rings, and I've had a few of those and like variety and I am suspect of their durability. I had to send one back to Loopy myself because the turret would only spin one rev. I do like the glass in them and the feel of the turrets though.
Post up how your Tenmile is once you take a look at it. Especially the FOV.
hopefully the one I looked through wasnt a good example or maybe being inside a store to look through wasnt ideal

Reactions: ChrisAU
So far mine doesn't seem to be erratically out of line from where it should fall compared to other scopes I have.

One thing I noticed was that there's a huge range of diopter adjustment that can be made to adjust the way the image is framed around the scope body, without actually degrading the sharpness of the reticle, at least to my eyes. Most scopes I run with the diopter all the way in. This scope seems to merit testing and optimizing a little bit.

Only had a short time behind it. I'll report back when I get more time.