• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 Vs. Vortex Razor HD Gen II

eugevita

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2020
Anyone here have experience with the trijicon tenmile 4.5-30x56 FFP MRAD? I am looking to put a new scope on my new bighorn origin build (KRG xray stock and 24" proof barrel). Main purpose of this rifle is hammering steel past 1000, occasional prs matches, and occasional hunts. It will be replacing a SWFA 5-20x50HD which I have had for several years. I was originally planing on going with Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 with EBR7C which I really like feature wise but I just cant get past the weight.

The trijicon is nearly a pound lighter and seems to check many of the same blocks. Since I occasionally plan to hunt with it I am thinking it may be a better option; the fact that it is 100 bucks cheaper than the Vortex is also nice. I have searched this forum a lot but have not found much info on this optic.

I know the Leupold MK IV is a great choice but it is a couple hundred bucks more than I want to spend so kind of not considering that one.

Would greatly appreciate anyone who can share their experience with the Trijicon tenmile!

After looking at the rings of Saturn Tuesday night from my vortex razor hd spotter.... I’ve become a straight vortex bitch

lol...if weight were not a factor I would not be asking and would have gone with Vortex

Surely someone here has some trijicon tenmile experience!

I have the Trijicon Accupower 5-50x56mm . I'm told the only difference between the two is the name and reticle choices, mine is SFP ,your asking about FFP . I also have a Athlon Cronus BTR FFP . I'm not sure if the Trijicon has better glass than the Athlon Cronus ??? (I'm 63 with X ray vision) I also have that SWFA 5-20x50HD which I think is "Bad to the Bone" But Zeiss V6 5-30x50mm tops them all,just wish it was FFP.

I have the Trijicon Accupower 5-50x56mm . I'm told the only difference between the two is the name and reticle choices, mine is SFP ,your asking about FFP . I also have a Athlon Cronus BTR FFP . I'm not sure if the Trijicon has better glass than the Athlon Cronus ??? (I'm 63 with X ray vision) I also have that SWFA 5-20x50HD which I think is "Bad to the Bone" But Zeiss V6 5-30x50mm tops them all,just wish it was FFP.

what are your overall impressions of the trijicon? I know the tenmile replaced the accupower so i am sure they are similar, i assume with some upgrades. Indeed I am looking for an FFP optic : )

This is an excellent suggestion and I appreciate it! Liberty optics has a great price too! Unfortunatley, I am committed to buying from SWFA as they owe me a $1300 credit for something I sent back to them, on the SWFA site this scope is $2499. The fact that I just traded for some 34mm badger rings also does not help 😂. The AMG looks awesome though!

Reactions: Rob01
I'm not sure if @koshkin has any personal experience with the Trijicon but he has lots of good things to say about the Delta Stryker and Athlon Cronus which are made buy the same OEM and are very similar.

Reactions: eugevita
what are your overall impressions of the trijicon? I know the tenmile replaced the accupower so i am sure they are similar, i assume with some upgrades. Indeed I am looking for an FFP optic : )
In the Scope box it(Trijicon) came with a few goodies: Lens Pen ,flip up scope caps,sun shade , Owners manual . Did the Athlon come with any of those things NO . In fact I had to down load the owners manual for the Athlon BTR. The Trijicon screams with quality ,but is its glass better than the Athlon ? Its subjective . There was talk that the Trijicon is the Delta Stryker ,just with some cosmetic changes. Mechanically its equal to the Athlon which is dang good. Its longer than the Athlon,I've been told that's better. I wish I bought the FFP version instead because I don't need the extra 20x over 30X . I'm gonna says thumbs up on the Trijicon . Also I've shot both scopes on the 1,000 yard line ,they both were fantastic. Visited prairie dog fields in MT and there was blown up dogs every where .

In the Scope box it(Trijicon) came with a few goodies: Lens Pen ,flip up scope caps,sun shade , Owners manual . Did the Athlon come with any of those things NO . In fact I had to down load the owners manual for the Athlon BTR. The Trijicon screams with quality ,but is its glass better than the Athlon ? Its subjective . There was talk that the Trijicon is the Delta striker ,just with some cosmetic changes. Mechanically its equal to the Athlon which is dang good. Its longer than the Athlon,I've been told that's better. I wish I bought the FFP version instead because I don't need the extra 20x over 30X . I'm gonna says thumbs up on the Trijicon . Also I've shot both scopes on the 1,000 yard line ,they both were fantastic. Visited prairie dog fields in MT and there was blown up dogs every where .

This pretty helpful! Thank you! 👍👍

I thought very seriously about the Tenmile before settling on the Cronus. I was able to play with a Tenmile in a local store and it's a really nice scope. You won't be disappointed. I just couldn't justify it being $600 better than the Cronus. I didn't see that much difference. I also wasn't a fan of the Trijicon non transferable warranty.

Reactions: A-Rob and eugevita
I have the Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 MRAD FFP, which as you point out has been replaced in their lineup by the Tenmile. I bought it early last year and I have been running it on my match rifle ever since.

It has been a fantastic scope. It tracks well, the glass is great, I like the turrets and controls, although in using it for the last year and a half I think that I would now prefer a locking windage turret to the capped windage turret. I like the MRAD christmas tree reticle, and it doesn't feel too busy or cluttered. I have banged it around in matches and it has maintained zero perfectly. I appreciate that it came with Tenebraex lens covers from the factory. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, or to try the new Tenmile - to be honest I do not know what updates or upgrades have been made to the new line.

I don't have any firsthand experience with the Razor, although it is my understanding that it's an excellent optic as well.

I don't think that you can go wrong either way.

• Love
I have the Trijicon Accupower 4.5-30x56 MRAD FFP, which as you point out has been replaced in their lineup by the Tenmile. I bought it early last year and I have been running it on my match rifle ever since.

It has been a fantastic scope. It tracks well, the glass is great, I like the turrets and controls, although in using it for the last year and a half I think that I would now prefer a locking windage turret to the capped windage turret. I like the MRAD christmas tree reticle, and it doesn't feel too busy or cluttered. I have banged it around in matches and it has maintained zero perfectly. I appreciate that it came with Tenebraex lens covers from the factory. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, or to try the new Tenmile - to be honest I do not know what updates or upgrades have been made to the new line.

I don't have any firsthand experience with the Razor, although it is my understanding that it's an excellent optic as well.

I don't think that you can go wrong either way.

very helpful, thank you?

how do you like the optical clarity at higher mag levels? Does zero stop work well?

Go trijicon over the razor without thinking. I had the razor. Bought a trijicon, sold the razor, bought another trijicon. Better/brighter glass and better reticle atleast then. Vortex came out with their 7, but it's about the same as trijicons reticle. People want to say go with vortex because of the warranty. Stop throwing your shit around, respect your gear that you're paying thousands for and you don't need it.

Go trijicon over the razor without thinking. I had the razor. Bought a trijicon, sold the razor, bought another trijicon. Better/brighter glass and better reticle atleast then. Vortex came out with their 7, but it's about the same as trijicons reticle. People want to say go with vortex because of the warranty. Stop throwing your shit around, respect your gear that you're paying thousands for and you don't need it.

Glad to hear you like the Trijicon, right now I am leaning towards calling SWFA this week and requesting the FFP tenmile! I have sent in an ACOG before and had no issues getting Warranty work done so not worried there.

Glad to hear you like the Trijicon, right now I am leaning towards calling SWFA this week and requesting the FFP tenmile! I have sent in an ACOG before and had no issues getting Warranty work done so not worried there.

You won't be disappointed. I'm shocked there isn't a lot of fanfare for it, especially at the price. I think it's that nobody wants to be a fanboy of trijicon. I'm no fanboy by any means, but the scope is quality stuff and I'd push it if anyone asked.

You won't be disappointed. I'm shocked there isn't a lot of fanfare for it, especially at the price. I think it's that nobody wants to be a fanboy of trijicon. I'm no fanboy by any means, but the scope is quality stuff and I'd push it if anyone asked.

I am surprised as well. I think they are just not well known for anything outside acog and rmr. They make bomb proof stuff from what I can tell and it seems that you and the few others who own them are only saying good things!

How do you like the zero stop and optical clarity at higher power magnification?

Thank you again!

Zero stop is great, very easy to set. I don't mind not having the locking windage, I hold for wind anyway. The clarity all the way through is what made me sell off my razor to get another. Its clear edge to edge maxed out

awesome! Is dialing for windage still possible if you remove the cap? Just want to ensure I understand this, thank you

I also have the Accupower 4.5-30x56 mil- mil. I dont know if anything other than the name changed on the tenmile. Mine tracks excellent, i prefer the windage being caped, and the glass is great. Biggest thing for me was the reticle I'm a huge fan of the center dot. The only experience ive had with the razor gen2 the windage turret was broken, but i wouldn't let that take away from the razor. Not sure if that was user error or factory(guy next to me at the range not mine)

While I like the glass on my first accru power, my second was a pain to get sighted in. The tracking was aughful. Enough so I just spent almost 2k on a new Leupold tonight to replace it on an upcoming hunt. But not because of the glass once sighted in but I think I need more powers. With that said, once I got it sighted in, and it was a pain. It move zero after 4 clicks, them it move 3” after 1 click...... and so on.... once sighted in I liked the glass. But the tracking sucks. My plans is to put this scope on an other, less shot rifle.

Last edited:
While I like the glass on my first accru power, my second was a pain to get sighted in. The tracking was aughful. Enough so I just spent almost 2k on a new Leupold tonight to replace it on an upcoming hunt. But not because of the glass once sighted in but I think I need more powers. With that said, once I got it sighted in, and it was a pain. It move zero after 4 clicks, them it move 3” after 1 click...... and so on.... once sighted in I liked the glass. But the tracking sucks. My plans is to put this scope on an other, less shot rifle.

yikkkkkkeeees! seems like this is an exception judging form the other responses

Is there a reason you haven't sent it to trijicon?

while its not apples to apples I have an Accupower 1-8 FFP and its a phenomenally well built scope. Ive been very impressed with it in every form and factor. the only draw back I notice it is heavier than my 1-6 vortex.

Good for you. How did it turn out. I was thinking of this one instead of the tenmile 3-18X44 as I already own a Credo 2-10. What do you think? If it is for 24in 308. for long range tactical inside 900 yards.

Havent shot with it yet or mounted it but from inspecting and looking through the glass i really like it. Clicks are very tactile and glass quality is nice. Weight is closer to leupold mkiv than vortex razor hd gen II which i like.

Reactions: Runnineh
My Trijicon is SFP and you want a FFP. Glass is equal to my Athlon Cronus BTR, I like the reticle better in the Cronus . Mechanically the Trijicon is "Bad to the Bone "

I just stumbled on this post while scope shopping and doing some research on the Tenmile HX 5-25. How is everyone's holding up? I really like their MOA reticle.

I got one in FFP mil/mil. Shot with it 3 times so far and really like it, glass is great, turret feel is super tactile, zero stop is excellent, still under 100 rounds though so cant say more. Thus far I am quite pleased and glad i chose it over the Vortex razor gen II which just weighs too much for my liking.

Reactions: Panhandle_Pilgrim
I got one in FFP mil/mil. Shot with it 3 times so far and really like it, glass is great, turret feel is super tactile, zero stop is excellent, still under 100 rounds though so cant say more. Thus far I am quite pleased and glad i chose it over the Vortex razor gen II which just weighs too much for my liking.
I ended up going with the Tract Toric, seemed too good to pass up, I just hope it isn't too good to be true. Haha

How much is their mil/le discount? I like the looks of the scope. 41oz seems really heavy.

I've had both and give the thumbs up to the trijicon. The weight is more reasonable, better zero stop, glass is a wash, I like the turrets and illumination better too. Not a fan of how the vortex has locking everything. No reason to have locking illumination or turrets. I've never accidentally turned a dial. Only weakness in comparison is the warranty.

I absolutely love everything about my Cronus 4.5-29x56 on my DTA but eventually I'll upgrade it because the lack of locking turrets. Exposed windage turret is stupid ... you will bump it one of these days and then wonder what's happening.
I'm holding out for a Gen 3 razor ... hope they'll keep the L-TEC or bring a tooless zero.