• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon Tenmile dang

Patrick Hobby

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2022
Sc
I decided to try two scopes on my new long range rifle.
Trijicon tenmile 4.5-30 MOA FFP
Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 MOA SFP

NF was great and took the rifle way beyond ranges I imagined to 1400 yds.

Just for trying I swapped to the Tenmile for magnification and the FFP. After a hard time zeroing and finally getting what I thought a zero at 200yds with some cheap and nice ammo. 300yds plus was almost impossible. All bolts were double checked for torque on scope rings and Seekins mount.

I was getting very frustrated and swapped back to the NF scope.

The NF zero was still great. Shot only the cheap ammo and damn. I shot 200 to check zero, hit my 300 propane tank and knocked it over then continued knocking over the 400 and 500 yds propane tanks.
600yds was on paper and 700yds hit the bullseye almost center.

Not saying the Tenmile scopes are all bad but this one was definitely defective. The FFP and 30x was nice but not if the zero goes all over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
I’ve learned from trijicon if it’s not a dot or an acog not to mess with it. Mro, rmr, acog, etc. are all impressive in my opinion. But their scopes leave a lot to be desired for the price point.

• Haha
F-Class John loves his Tenmile.
Any chance of an update on the Tenmile?

I've had a 5-50 for a few years now, and it's great, for what it is... a high mag target scope. Great glass, small FOV, and a bit finicky parallax. She rides atop my PCP now.

Reactions: Dawhit
F-Class John loves his Tenmile.
Any chance of an update on the Tenmile?
I have watched him on YouTube for a while now and found that odd. I just looked through a tenmile and it felt like I was looking through a cheap scope that comes included on a gun as a starter bundle.

• Haha
I have watched him on YouTube for a while now and found that odd. I just looked through a tenmile and it felt like I was looking through a cheap scope that comes included on a gun as a starter bundle.
The Tenmile had a few things I liked. The lit MOA reticle tree was nice and the parallax adjustment by distance was pretty accurate.
I hate there was something wrong with it, the 30x was nice at 700yds.

I have two credos and a tenmile
They're all tracking true and holding zero with abuse.
They're an amazing value for what they are, love them on my lightweight hunting rifles.
Just shot a 1.5" center mass group at 986 yards with the 3-18×50

I’d send it in if it’s not holding zero. I have an older TR23 with amazing glass, the glass on my 4.5-30 (I owned 2) didn’t impress me and were sold in favor of a Schmidt. Still a pretty decent scope since you can find them for half as much as their competitors generally…

I’ve learned from trijicon if it’s not a dot or an acog not to mess with it. Mro, rmr, acog, etc. are all impressive in my opinion. But their scopes leave a lot to be desired for the price point.
I have one of their ACOG's and the RMR that mounts on top mounted on a Wilson Combat AR. The ACOG is slick. The RMR mounting leaves MUCH to be desired. The RMR itself is subpar when compared to my Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. While I MIGHT consider another ACOG, I'll likely not buy anything else.

• Haha
smyTC3T.gif

Reactions: DangerRanger
You think the MRO is impressive but the scopes aren't good? Weird.
Well for what it’s competing against in its price range, yea. But haven’t seen a whole lot of other options. Holosun is okay but I think the mro is clearer with larger field of view. Tried an aim point and wasn’t a fan for the cost. Guess it’s just preference.

• Haha
I've had 2, an accupower (original 10 mile) and a ten mile and both have been great. It's not a nightforce, but for less half the price, they fuck.

Half the price? The Tenmile 4.5-30 56mm was on sale for $1700 and the NF NX8 2.5-20 50mm was $1700 retail.

It was my first personal MOA FFP not the first one I had the opportunity to use. Also never setup a rifle for anymore than 200yds hunting whitetail, hogs, and coyotes.

I’m just going to return it and pick up some new LRF Binoculars.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Don't have a ten mile, I have a Credo 2.5-15.
I like it.
They have been know to send out a turd.
Send it back, let them fix or replace, then try again.