• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon TR23R 5-20x50

Urimaginaryfrnd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
Iowa, U.S.A.
My new scope arrived a couple of days ago well ahead of the rifle it was to go on. The scope is Trijicon TR23R 5-20x50 with 30mm tube with the red triangle on top of two lines forming a post. The glass appears clear and bright and while I have not done extensive testing on the glass it appears to compare favorably with my Leu Mk 4 s. The power selector ring has a rubber feel to it and is very positive and turns without any dificulty. The clicks on the tactical knobs are both audible and tactile and have a very good feel to the. The fiber optic has a housing which can be adjusted to cover it to tone down how bright it is in bright daylight. The scope comes with a lens shade nicely packaged. On the down side the scope has only 50 moa of internal adjustment. That for me presents a problem as my base is a Badger plus 30moa base which I would simply exchange for a plus 20 if it was not for the fact that the rifle a Rem 700 R5 Mil Spec with added Smith Vortex is away at Walter Birdsong for refinish in Green T finish. There is one unexplained oddity of the post with illuminated triangle that bothers me and that is the two lines forming the post do not appear to be equal width all the way up giving the post rather a wavy appearance. The lines look like a six yr old drew them with a ruler and a sloppy ink pen. While that does not truely effect performance it leaves something to be desired from a company who is known for execllence. The red triangle has fiber optic and tritium illumination and adjusting brightness in daylight is either a matter of closing the window by moving it over the fiber optic or simply covering it with your hand which allows you to adjust the brightness. <span style="font-weight: bold">Where this scope really comes to life though is at night</span>. The tritium provides just the right ammount of illumination and the 50mm objective seems to be enough to make it quite useable even at 20X. At 5x it is merely one power over the standard 4x ACOG and is as such VERY VERY fast to come on target. I had a long conversation with the boys at Trijicon and they understand that more than 50moa of internal adjustment would make sense on this type of optic and in their defense admit that other models are on the drawing board 18 to 24 months out. While this optic is available in a mildot configuration with illuminated center that reticle does not offer the bindon aiming concept that the triangle does for rapid target acquisition. They expressed some concern that a triangle for LE use might cover the perp's hands and obscure them. At this point the mildot with illuminated center is probably the better LE choice however the illuminated triangles are probably the better MIL choice and a combination using their amber or red chevron with balistic hold over below and mil dot above and to both sides would be my recomendation as I see this being more of a LE / Mil gunfight scope than a hunting scope. Open Tactical knobs are not really ideal for hunting. I also expressed the opinion that the scope they should have put tactical knobs on is the 2.5-10x56 which has a 30mm tube.