• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon variable scopes

xdpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
South Texas
I have a Noveske 16" upper that I would like to put a scope on. I want this upper to be good enough to shoot out to 600 yrds. I'll be shooting 77gr out of the gun. I have an ACOG on another rifle and the glass is clear and the scope is bullet proof but I don't have any experience with Trijicon Accupoints. I've seen some good reviews hear and there on them from doing a search. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad? Any other suggestions? I'm trying to keep this particular optic/mount combo under $1000. They have a 3-9 with a QD mount from LaRue I'm contemplating. Thanks.

Last edited:
I use a SS Tactical 10X scope on my 22" Hart barreled AR and it works well on Steel out to about 700yrs... and I shoot a 77g BTHP load that replicates the Black Hills load. So I don't have any experience with the Trijicon, but I think I can confirm 9x can have accurate results beyond 500yrs.

I have a trijicon accu point 5-20 x50 for sale. (Green mildot) for well under $1k. Was used on a bolt gun, but a great no frills optic IMHO. Pm me if you're interested.

I had a TR21G 1.25-4x24 for a while on one of my AR's , sold it here..
Very bright and clear glass as is every Trijicon I have ever looked through. If the 3-9 fits your needs don't have any second thoughts about the glass.

I run the 3-9 Accupoint with Mildot on my RFB. I like the bright clear glass and the no batteries needed illumination.

The best thing about it is its extremely light weight. Mine is paired up with a Nikon 223 mount so I can keep my overall rifle light.

Down side is the Accupoint does not have too much elevation. I think with 20 moa mount you should be able to reach 600 easy but without a 20moa you'll barely make it.

I have two TR-24Gs (1-4x with green triangle reticle). One is on a SCAR-17 and the other is on an AUG. I think they are great for my intended use. The glass is good for the price range, and the adjustments seem to track well.

The adjustment knobs on mine are covered, which I like for carbine use. The knobs are low, but fairly large diameter, and have snap-up/snap-down zeroing.

I think some older models with 1" tubes lack the rotating cover over the fiber optics to give you some brightness control, and I'd really miss that.

They seem rugged, however, the one on my SCAR crashed and burned. In a 3-gun match, the scope was either not holding zero or I was shooting extremely poor... then at the range the next day, something came loose inside. I sent it back and they replaced it. No explanation of what happened.
There are a few of them in use in 3-gun, and when I've told about that one failing, everyone has been surprised. Poking around tactical and competition forums where that model gets a fair amount of mention has turned up no similar stories. I've chalked it up as an exception.

I'd buy another. I've thought about getting the 2.5-10x to keep in QD rings as a second scope for the SCAR.
If they came out with a 1-6x or 1-8x, I'd jump on it.

Last edited:
You won't find much respect for them here but...... They're solid and reliable scopes. Clear, bright glass and they can take repeated ass kickings.

New 5-20x50 Mildots are on Dvor for $850 now and then. Go for the green.

I have a 1-4x24 Trijicon AccuPoint with green TR24 triangle reticle mounted to a 416 Rem mag.
scope handles the recoil with no problem and I really like it.
It cost about $800 last year

Al

I appreciate the input. I'm still up in the air. I put a set of BUIS on the upper and its a tack driver. I need to get my head out of my ass and make a decision.

I have a TR24 with red triangle in a Bobro mount that was under $1000. I like it on my SR-15.

If you look around you can find some good prices.

Sportoptics is where I got the combo I believe.

The TR24 is cool the rest have a garbage featureset for the price