• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon VS Leupold VX-R For SASS

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
So, I have a SASS...I typically shoot 168//155 AMAX at about 100-300.

I had a Leupold MK4 8.5x25x50 -- It was just TOO much, IMO and I kind of wanted to get away from Leupold glass.

Let myself get talked into a Trijicon 308 TA11-E. I feel as if the Trijicon was a mistake...Mostly because when engaging targets at 300-400, I'm finding it more difficult to stay on target.

I've been thinking about selling the Trijicon and buying a VX-R in it's place...Particularly the 3-9x40.

Do you guys have any thoughts about this? Some advice? Maybe I'm not doing something right with the Trij?

Thanks!

I run the Leupold Mark4 3.5-10x40 on my P308 and love it.

Last edited:
That Mark 4 should have done the job! What did you mean by too much? Magnification ??

I wanted something more RTE and I found that the 8.5x25x50 was just too much.

So I traded it for a new Trijicon TA11-E.

The Trijicon is awesome but, my difficulty is mostly with 300+yd engagements.

I realize that many people have great success with the Trijicon and that's awesome but, I was looking for something with a bit more magnification thus the VX-R 3-9x40...But, there seems to be no love for the VX-R.

I'll check out the 3.5-10x40 though, looks like a solid setup.

Thanks folks!

I have that M3 leupold on my M1A. It's a decent battle rifle scope but not very precise.

IMHO, find something 3-15 or so that is FFP and has .1 mil adjustments. The bushnell HDMR for example. Do not waste your time with lower powered optics or ones with reticules and knobs that are mismatched.

I like the VX-R's, I have a few of them, both the standard and Patrol versions. Excellent glass and the firedot is very helpful in low light. I'd think the 3-9x40 would be the most you'd need, and you could probably get away with the 1.25-4xwhateveritis too. Good luck!