• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trim Dies For Converting .223 to .300 Blackout with RT1500

airixaccount

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2021
Portland, OR
Does anyone have any suggestions for trim dies for converting .223 cases to .300 Blackout with the RT1500? My Lyman Pro Trim Die is loosing its threads and wanted suggestions as to other brands.

TIA.

I've made 10's of thousands of 300blk on my Dillon with trim die/rt1500 and expander mandrel in final stage..... beautiful brass...

I've been using a CH4D for years before all these other companies started making one..

Mighty Armory just came out with. 300blk trim die

Reactions: camocorvette
I always used this: https://www.harborfreight.com/2-in-mini-bench-top-cut-off-saw-62136.html

You can get a jig from Squirrel Daddy.

Absolute mess....time consuming and still have to trim after forming with chop saw....

Dillon RT1500 and trim die....you literally just dump your brass in the case feeder and pull the handle...

While I don't have a LC 5.56 to 300blk conversion video handy....I have this 6.5cm brass processing video using a trim die/RT1500 and mandrel in last stage is identical setup to my 300blk conversion setup...just pull the handle....doesn't get much easier/faster

I process 300bo on an automated 1050. The amount of brass shavings, clogs the vacuum system almost immediately, so I use a homemade, chop saw, that i can feed large amounts of 556 into. This gets the case to almost the correct size, so when I run it through the trimmer, sizer, etc, etc, i dont have to deal with as much brass shavings.

Also had to modify the vacuum system to make it as smooth as possible, all the way into the vacuum, so it doesnt clog the "corrugated" tube. Once you start building up brass, it WILL clog the system, and then you have a big mess on your hands.

If its one thing I've learned, once you get the trimmer "just right", and dialed in, the last thing you want to do, is have to take it apart to clean it out, or whatever. Once I start the process, I want to be able to run 4 (5) gallon buckets of brass, and do it all, at once, and be done with it. Time management for me, and making sure the brass is perfect the first time.

No clogged brass shavings where it stops sucking and shuts me down. It does eventually build up just at the RT1500 adapter/hose junction after a few thousand cases but still is sucking. Takes 2min to pull the hose off and pull the ball of spiral brass pieces out and push the hose back on and keep on rolling. You may want to invest in a new vacumn....This Orek Pro runs great. Im not sure why you have to take your trimmer apart... I never had to do that....Just pull the hose off, pull the ball of spiral shavings and push the hose back on...

Reactions: 99mpower
Dillon didn't have one back then but they do now and I use this...

Im not in my reloading room anymore but its the Dillon RT1500 (not the RT1200 that had less power)

OK, i deal with a lot of motors and was hoping i could figure out the manufacture and buy directly from them.

OK, i deal with a lot of motors and was hoping i could figure out the manufacture and buy directly from them.

If you do some searching...the dies work with a certain Bosch router motor as well that I've seen referenced around

The badger is $170 and the router is $200. for the $30 difference I think it’s worth buying the Dillon. The Dillon trim die is crazy pricy…. I will be finding a substitute.

While I don't have a video of me converting LC 5.56 to 300blk but I do have a video sizing/trimming 6.5cm... this is exactly how my LC 5.56 to 300blk works. Just pull the handle. Stupid fast

IMG_4461.jpeg