• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trim it 2 Brass trimmer

NMguy

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2013
Michigan
I recently purchased the Trim it 2 Brass trimmer. It is worth the money. It trims to length, chamfers, and deburrs in one motion.
I was doing each step one at a time because I don't have one of the multi stations. I ordered the Trim it 2 and it came with two dies (Fathers Day special they don't always do that). Dies are $20.
I immediately set it up and started using it set up was pretty easy. I noticed it was off just a bit to one side so It wasn't chamfering right on center so I called them and they shipped my out new dies immediately. Good customer service and it literally shaved about 4 hours of time off of my brass prep.

I can't give you much information other than what I just said because I haven't had it very long but so far I love it.

NMguy

I upgraded my WFT to the Trim It 2. So far, I like it. It took some time to balance out the chamfer/debur and there is a little play in the bushing that will result in an uneven chamfer if you don't pay attention. I'm not shooting high level competition so the time-saving aspect outweighs my OCD.

I have never been able to get my Trim-it 2 to evenly trim and chamfer. It always was off. And I spent hours trying, watching vids on set-up, and following their instructions. It never cut/chamfered evenly, so I gave up.

I did have an issue with it being off to one side and it doesn't take much to not get an even chamfer but my groups are still tight. I found that if I put the brass in then pull it back out and turn it 180 and put it back in it looks nearly perfect. You set your cutter head so you can set it to take more or less. I did ruin a piece of brass my first time setting it up. I figured that was going to happen after watching a video so I used a junk piece that I didn't care about. Now when I change calibers I keep a piece of brass I already did in a plastic bag with the caliber die so I can set the cutter head down on the case mouth and get it exact the first time.

I went through 2 different trim it 2s and could never get mine setup to chamfer evenly. Spent an incredible amount of time attempting to adjust it properly. Glad some of you got it to work correctly