• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trim It 2 reviews?

patriot07

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2017
Dallas
Any of you guys use this? I’m having issues getting decent results out of my Hornady trimmer - the lock nut won't hold the adjustment nut at the same place, so slowly my cases get longer and longer. Have a buddy selling his Trim It 2 and thinking about switching, but can’t find a ton of reviews on accuracy, runout, etc.

It got some pretty good reviews from a member here. Its nice that it chamfers and deburs. I use the WFT and an RCBS prep station. The WFT from Little Crow Gunworks, is a little cheaper but it just trims.

I've thought about the WFT. I only need to trim for 6.5 CM and that's it, so I don't really "need" a solution catered to multiple calibers like the Trim It 2.

I just figured out the issues with my Hornady tonight. I thought it was the lock nut that was coming loose, but it turns out that it was the spindle lock knob that wasn't holding tight. I tightened it with vice grips and it held tight after that for about 30 pieces of brass, which is much better than it's done up til now.

I don't mind doing a chamfer/debur afterwards. I don't shoot enough to justify anything just because it's faster. So the WFT might be a better option. The Trim It II, even used, is about double the price of the WFT new when you count all the caliber dies that come with this one.