• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trim-it II case trimmer

Fursniper

Captain, USMM (retired)
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Arizona
Anyone using the gen II version of this case trimmer. Are you happy with the process & results of the camfer & debur ability. Any & all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

I have one in 6.5CM since Giraud does not sell the 6.5 for the Tri-way (I use the Giraud Tri-way in 223 and 308, mounted on a motor rather than using a drill). I have not been able to get the Trim-it II to work correctly. I had to adjust the cutting heads for overall case length post trim, but I have not been able to get the cutters to line up correctly so that the chamfer/deburr occurs uniformly around the case -- it is always slightly off so that the chamfer is not even.

I spent many hours trying to get it right, using their instructions and multiple youtube videos, and finally gave in and got a Giraud.

BTW, the Tri-ways were already set up correctly and I have not had to adjust them and they work great. Now they will be redundant given I have the main Giraud unit.

Thanks very much for that input. That's what I was worried about with this particular trimmer. Anyone else have any input?

My experience is similar to jtake. I could never get it to work to my liking. I purchased the 4 way high speed cutter for it and use it as a trimmer in a drill press.

I wish I would of read this thread before I purchased. I spent several hours trying to get the trim it 2 to work properly to no avail. I sent it back in hopes that it was a faulty unit. Still waiting to get the replacement one. Will post back either way.

Fur, in my experience with it, its good if you only have one caliber.

once it's set, it's good to go.

That being said, fucking hated it. Went back to my FA case prep center

Fur, in my experience with it, its good if you only have one caliber.

once it's set, it's good to go.

That being said, fucking hated it. Went back to my FA case prep center

Thanks Ghengis. Yeah, I love the Giraud tri-way, I've had good luck with it but they don't make it in 338LM so was looking for an alternative with the trim-it. Lots of mixed results from users as I recall from past experiences on it though. I was hoping their gen II would have improved the adjustment function of it some. Just may go with the big Giraud bit right now the new build is kicking the hell out of my finances.....

I have one I lightly used for some 260 brass. Once I had it set up, I didn't have problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one with additional comments? Still problematic or has there been improvements in the trimmer?