• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trimble Nomad Battery Drain

Ramius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2004
Hill Country, Republic of TX
Hey guys I'm trying to trouble shoot a Nomad 900XE. What kind of standby are you all getting on your Nomad?

It seems even if the computer is powered down there is a draw on the internal battery. I have gone to use my Nomad twice only to find the battery completely drained after 5 days.

Got a new battery and now testing to see if there is another problem.

So how long does your Nomad battery last or am I just being a retard?

Re: Trimble Nomad Battery Drain

I run ATRAG on a Recon and that thing kills batteries. It will use a set of AAs in just a couple of days when it is powered down. It surprised me too. I always take the batteries out after I am done shooting and keep a couple extra sets with me. No hockey helmet for you.

Mines still over 50%, and it's been used a bit, and not on a charger for more than two weeks. Make sure the GPS, BT and WiFi are all off when in storage.

Cory that's what I expect. If I shut it down I should not come back 5 days later to a dead battery.

There's a Trimble service center in town I'll take the unit in for a check if all else fails.

I got the Nomad 900L under the tree
smile.gif
I have installed Cold Bore 1.0 and have been playing with mine quite a bit getting use to all the functions. Battery still at 80% on initial charge (5 days ago). I have been shutting down unit after each use. Hopefully your battery change will fix things. Please let us know if that was issue or if something else.

Second on that . Mine went dead in 24 hrs until I did the calibration. Now its been on and off in sleep mode for 4 days and still says 100%
Greg

I did calibrate the older battery, still no help.

I have not calibrated the new battery. Let me try that out, thanks for your suggestions!

I have used mine once or twice a week for a couple months before without charging it. The batteries on them last a LONG time.

Check and see if your GPS is on or Bluetooth (Cory knows that unit like no other)... that usually causes a significant drain. Other than that I would suggest calibrating your battery... if that does not work I would get a new battery ... if still there is an issue ... Send it to Trimble for repair.

I charged mine up after my trip to Gunsite in October and used it yesterday for the first time and it had 94% charge.

-K