• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trimmer for Precision Rounds

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
What's an accurate way to trim brass for precision? I only have a few batches of 100 pieces of brass for precision rifles that I would be interested in trimming this way.

I don't care if I have to chamfer and deburr manually for these small quantities.

Don't want to spend $400 on something to trim 300 pieces of brass.

Trimming accuracy and reasonable cost are my primary concerns.

Thanks!

1673628576246.png

(Sorry ... couldn't stop myself.)

I actually use the Henderson Powered Precision Case Trimmer ... and it's amazing ... but clearly that's not what you're looking for. Any one of the trimmers from Redding, RCBS, Lyman, etc. would be fine for small volumes and occasional use.

I hate to constantly have to reset trimmers for different cartridges, so now I just get a different WTF Trimmer from Little Crow Gunworks for each cartridge I load. I set each once and then forget it. It's as simple as chucking in a hand drill and trim away.

Last edited:
What's an accurate way to trim brass for precision? I only have a few batches of 100 pieces of brass for precision rifles that I would be interested in trimming this way.

I don't care if I have to chamfer and deburr manually for these small quantities.

Thanks!

Thanks!
If you're only talking about 1 or even 2 calibers/cartridges, you might want to take a close look at the Trim-It II. The one use for my 6.5 PRC gives me very consistent trimming. Note, that it indexes off the shoulder, so having consistent shoulder bumps is a key factor.

Nothing commercially available is better than the Sinclair LE Wilson trimmer.

wilson-case-trimmer-002.jpg

Reactions: simonp
For my 300 and 6 BRA, I use the Forster trimmer with the 3-way head that trims and chamfers all at once.