• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trimming Foundation Buttstock

Wrongtarget

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2017
CA
Has anyone tried this or can recommend a smith that doesn’t this work. Would like to chop off an inch to shorten LOP. I reached out to Foundation and they don’t offer this service. Love the stock just want it to fit better for my short ass arms.

Thanks.

A mitre saw or table saw are your best bets. I chopped an HS Precision stock down a few years ago this way; worked great.

I know Foundation stocks are a different material, but a good sharp blade will slice right through it.

This isn't rocket science nor brain surgery......Measure twice, cut once.

Reactions: AFancyPenguin
A mitre saw or table saw are your best bets. I chopped an HS Precision stock down a few years ago this way; worked great.

I know Foundation stocks are a different material, but a good sharp blade will slice right through it.

This isn't rocket science nor brain surgery......Measure twice, cut once.

Agreed. I would mark a witness line of some type to make sure you are cutting along the axis you intended. To make doubly sure I would measure 3x, then cut but cut 1/2 in longer than target to make sure it went as expected. Check and adjust as needed and make the final cut. That way you get to see how it goes without making the final cut. But I am super paranoid when it comes to removing material from $1200 stocks. 😄

Reactions: smoooth1
You may consider selling your current stock here on the Hide and buying a Centurion instead?

If I’m not mistaken, the LOP and distance between grip to trigger shoe are shorter than the Genesis/Exodus models... rather than destroying any resale value on your current stock, it may be a good idea just to sell/buy one that fits you better.

Reactions: smoooth1
I sent mine to Alex at Masterclass Stocks where he shortened my LOP and installed an adjustable buttplate. I've had both of my Foundations done now. If you're interested certainly reach out to him as he did great work and was quick.

See this thread for more info and pics:

I sent mine to Alex at Masterclass Stocks where he shortened my LOP and installed an adjustable buttplate. I've had both of my Foundations done now. If you're interested certainly reach out to him as he did great work and was quick.

Agreed I wou,d go with someone that has done simaler work and not just someone that knows how to run a table saw.
I can do some bad ass shit with a chain saw but that doesn't mean I' am your stock guy.

Man that looks like they did a great job.

You may consider selling your current stock here on the Hide and buying a Centurion instead?

If I’m not mistaken, the LOP and distance between grip to trigger shoe are shorter than the Genesis/Exodus models... rather than destroying any resale value on your current stock, it may be a good idea just to sell/buy one that fits you better.
The shortest the Centurion goes was 12.5 when I asked. I’m looking for a bit shorter. I’ve thought about doing what you suggested. Thanks

I highly recommend wearing a paint respirator with new filters when sanding/grinding/cutting micarta