• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triple C is closing their 2000 yard range

dfwglockguy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2017
I received an email from Triple C today. They are closing area A & B, the 2000 yard range on 01-01-2021. They said due to “land use changes”.
Sad to hear...

Are there any other 2000 yard ranges in the area? Was planning on getting a membership to Triple C in 2021 specifically for there 2k range haha. Bummer

Reactions: nikonNUT
Are there any other 2000 yard ranges in the area? Was planning on getting a membership to Triple C in 2021 specifically for there 2k range haha. Bummer

Not that I’m aware of. There are a couple of places that have 1000-1200 yards ranges, but nothing beyond that distance that I know of.

Do they have other ranges to 1,000 yds or were those their only 1,000 yd ranges?

This really really sucks. I had a lot of plans for the 2000 yard range in 2021.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.26.07 PM.png

They opened 2 new lanes out to 1000 on the very far east side of the prop range. I was told there are plans to take that out to 1760. so might lose a little range but not much. Maybe less lanes, but still distance.

Last edited:
That place has always had some turmoil of change.

As per Foul Mike's question I don't think any houses are being built over there.

I haven't made it out there in a while. I was hoping to go out for the new years master blaster match, ammo situation has kinda put a damper on it.

I called this afternoon after receiving the email and was told they have no plans to have any ranges farther than 1000 yrds, extremely bummed, I was actually going to join the club instead of just buying day passes, but this news killed that plan.
I hope what you were told is is true, shooting at a 1000 has become almost mundane and not a challenge with the 338LM. Glad I will be out there tomorrow, I am going to abuse the crap out of the steel on the Alpha and Bravo ranges while they are still up and running. Be there at 10am if any of you guys want to meet up.

that’s a bummer if turns out to be true. my info comes from a range member at prs finale this last weekend who i was asking what’s up 🤷‍♂️

That really sucks, as there is no other 2k ranges in close driving distance.

Well I made my last hurrah. Got hits at a mile with my 260. Sad to see the range go.

gonna save me a lot of money now that I don’t have a place to shoot a bigger magnum

Even though its shutting down Area A, B, and C it is one of the best ranges I have shot at. Currently a member and well worth the money for me. I am not an ELR guy so stretching out to 2k was not a big deal for me like it is for others. It is still a top notch range and Jeremy does an awesome job running it.

Reactions: pfl338
Even though its shutting down Area A, B, and C it is one of the best ranges I have shot at. Currently a member and well worth the money for me. I am not an ELR guy so stretching out to 2k was not a big deal for me like it is for others. It is still a top notch range and Jeremy does an awesome job running it.

Could not agree more, but will definitely miss being able to stretch my legs

Reactions: pfl338
I got to shoot on Bravo last November and shot Delta in October. Had a great time! Sad to hear they are shutting A & B down.

Well I made my last hurrah. Got hits at a mile with my 260. Sad to see the range go.

gonna save me a lot of money now that I don’t have a place to shoot a bigger magnum

There is still North East Texas Tactical (1760 yards) east of Dallas and Fouled Bore Precision (1760 yards) in Ninnekah, Oklahoma. Same drive for me aka 350 miles one way. Need further(I don't)? There is West Texas Long Range Shooting in Sanderson, TX with 3500 yards but $350.00/day with a 2 shooter minimum? Yikes!

R.I.P Bravo range...
Bravo Range.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks, shot there last year and was looking forward to coming down and shooting there this year.

That place has always been a landowner cluster fuck. That sucks. Just have to fly the chopper in and out!