• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triple C range in Cresson TX is no permanently closed!

pfl338

Luv2#Steel....
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 16, 2020
    Fort Worth TX
    This is Jeremy Moore, owner of Triple C Range.
    It is with a hurting heart, I must announce that Triple C Range is permanently closed. This is something that has happened over the last few days.

Reason.
    We were engaged in a long term lease with the landlord for a portion of the property. For those familiar with the property, this will hopefully make sense. The portion the range is located on, is solely owned by our landlord (or most of it…more on that in a minute). The front part of the property up to the last cattle guard you cross, which was located at Area A&B is part of a trust, which is why we never shot up there. The trust also controls the use of the road leading back to the range.

The area from approximately the 700 yard line and further at Area D is on the trust. It was ours and the landlord understanding we were good to have targets on that part of the property. Recently that has been clarified and we can not.
    The trust has decided not to accept our proposal to lease the areas mentioned above. Without permission for commercial use of the road, we can’t get to the range and operate a business. There’s no other access other than the road.

This is the only reason we are closing. Any other reason you hear is a lie. I am being as transparent as one can.

This is a matter of oversight by some people and I don’t feel it was malicious or misleading by anyone.

To our Members:
    If we debited your card monthly, we have stopped all those recurring charges.

If you paid for the year up front, we will figure out the time left on your membership and will mail a refund check for the difference. It’s going to take some time, but you can expect a check within 90 days.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the last several years building the range to what it was. The relationships, friendships, community and family that was created is priceless to me.

Thank you for your business and the opportunity to serve you the last few years.

Damn. I shot the NRL championship there year before last, what an awesome facility.

Sorry it didn't work out moving forward, that blows.

Damn, competed there since 2016. This is a really big loss to the sport as well as USPSA and three gun.

We lost our silhouette range several years ago. The actual club that owned the lease, decided it was not worth it to keep the lease, never informed us (we had rebuilt the range and had plans to continue to make improvements that all members silhouette and non silhouette shooters could enjoy)

Another range made silhouette matches available but the sport has pretty much died in our area. So I am here, enjoying long range shooting with my rifles.

We lost our silhouette range several years ago. The actual club that owned the lease, decided it was not worth it to keep the lease, never informed us (we had rebuilt the range and had plans to continue to make improvements that all members silhouette and non silhouette shooters could enjoy)

Another range made silhouette matches available but the sport has pretty much died in our area. So I am here, enjoying long range shooting with my rifles.
    Man I used to love shooting high power silhouette. Your right it has really died off, like Palma. I think no one wants to put in the effort to learn to shoot accurately off hand is why HP silhouette has disappeared. Same with Palma, no one wants to use a sling and micrometer adjustable sights.

Man I used to love shooting high power silhouette. Your right it has really died off, like Palma. I think no one wants to put in the effort to learn to shoot accurately off hand is why HP silhouette has disappeared. Same with Palma, no one wants to use a sling and micrometer adjustable sights.
    It's also because we have a new generation of shooters that grew up on first person, action video games. They want a shooting sport that is more dynamic than lacing up a shooting jacket, or cinching down a sling for 20rds of slow fire. It just doesn't appeal to them. <shrug> I can't say I EVER enjoy pulling targets/butts detail for regular NRA HP...

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that it is. Times change, and so do the sports....

Remember SASS? Yeah, they gutted the hell out of that sport too, by being greedy and pricing anyone new interested in it, from being anywhere near competitive. Never mind all the costume stuff. But I digress....

Im still in my twenties and I do!

Though you're absolutely right. Most younger shooters don't even know what a shooting jacket is. I've pretty much resigned myself to competing against myself most of the time. Those sorts of matches are completely dead within the radius that I am willing to drive.

Reactions: pfl338
    Yeah, I got the email too. It's legit. It's not the first business I've seen go belly-up due to landlord issues. I had a few people that I competed in 3-gun with suddenly email me about shooting at my place here. I couldn't figure out why until I read the email from Triple C. Too bad. That was a great facility.

So I just moved to the Conroe area right as this was happening and need a long distance range to shoot.

I just saw American Shooting Centers has a 1000 yard range but they are down by Katy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Has there been any progress towards Triple C perhaps being able to re-open?

I do not believe so, I know some people that knew the inner workings. The problem is the chunk of property that is in the trust. Which land locks the property that the main part of the shooting range is on. From what he said, long as that property is controlled by the people in that trust it will never happen.

Reactions: McCrazy
    So I just moved to the Conroe area right as this was happening and need a long distance range to shoot.

I just saw American Shooting Centers has a 1000 yard range but they are down by Katy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Has there been any progress towards Triple C perhaps being able to re-open?
    1000 did they extend it? It’s been 600 for years.

Last edited:
    I got a line on 800 acres in Georgia but can't afford it myself. Who's with me? Hunting lease during that season, PRS venue during that season.

Reactions: NoDopes
    1000 did they extend it? It’s been 600 for years.
    Their website says 300 in one spot and 600 in another while photos online say 1000. I don't know honestly.
    CCC in Millican is still open. Bayou Rifles in Rosharon goes to 1,000.
    Thanks Sinister, good to still see you around.

Millican is down the road from Navasota. Did CCC have two ranges or just shift operations?

I just looked up CCC in Millican and called them. They are in fact still open for business and shooting at this moment.

Going to go check them out in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the reply Sinister as I thought CCC was extinct.

Their website says 300 in one spot and 600 in another while photos online say 1000. I don't know honestly.

Thanks Sinister, good to still see you around.

Millican is down the road from Navasota. Did CCC have two ranges or just shift operations?
    I think it may have went to 1000 when the military used it, but it’s only been 600 since I’ve been going.

Conroe shooting center keeps claiming they are pushing out to 500

FYI Incase you didn’t know Millican isn’t a public range it’s a members only place other than matches, it’s close to $1000 a year to shoot out there.

Granted thing could have changed since last year

They said it was $850 per year for membership.

You have to be a member or a guest of a member to shoot there so at least it limits the crowd versus allowing non-members to pay for a day like the American Shooting Center down in Houston apparently does for the same membership fee...

CCC also offers a couple of the normal discounts if you qualify which helps a bit.

Reactions: akmike47
    Man that sux. I know what the range owner Jeremy Moore means when he said "...The relationships, friendships, community and family that was created is priceless to me."

I helped dynamite and bulldoze a range out on a ranch in Dripping Springs west of Austin that helped launch a fledgling ISPSC and combat shooting sport get started.

Started in 1976, it was shut down in 2003. Not long ago I parked and jumped the new fence now surrounding it and, trespassing, hiked into the ranges and berms I built forty years earlier. I learned so much there, some about shooting, the rest about people, government and politics and who not to trust.

Now eerily silent and covered with weeds, it was like walking through a ghost town. But like hearing the piano of a ghost town saloon, I could see the faces and hear the voices of friends and fellow shooters, some dead, Col. Charlie Beckwith and now McCormick, as well as the 'conspiracy nut' owner that railed about the Mark of the Beast, the NWO and who tried in vain to warn us about China, a micro chip implant and vaccine cards. And then the City of Austin attacked him on a sting operation and tried to shut him down any way they could. That was my first witness to the ATF and how vicious the Left was. Shooting ranges, the good ones, are a great learning institute.

Charlie Beckwith was the commander of my old Infantry battalion during the Vietnam War.

Small world.