• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod arrived

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    20201120_105905.jpg
    20201120_110049.jpg
    20201120_110052.jpg

The website still says pre order. Are these actually for sale and shipping now?

Mine arrived today so I guess they are shipping.... unpacked it and walked away... first glance it looks and feels good. But I was in the middle of yelling at customers and talking to austria when I saw the box at the shipping shelf. So I was distracted.

Flying out in the AM to a job. May be back in 60 hrs or so... when i get back ill check it out in detail and report back

Mine is supposed to get here Monday hope to test it out next weekend

I looked at their website before asking...

Do the foot spikes come with it or was that an add on?

Any idea what the thread pitch is?

Oh that is not fair;

I just threw them out of my tripod comparison list for possibly being canked.
    $1000 for the ballhead, and $600 for just the tripod? Sure, I'm in.

1606016871653.png
    1606016895164.png

Attachments

• 1606016890499.png
      1606016890499.png
      13.2 KB · Views: 36
    Looks like you can still preorder the whole thing for $999 mighty tempting now that they are shipping the tripod at least

Status update.
    Ha ent really touched it yet. The head that was supposed to be included and or the temporary head have not arrived yet. I may take my RRS leveling base off another one to try. That being said i think everything on it is good. Its stupid tall fully extended more than i thought I remembered it would be. I have a call and email into them to see whats up with the head.

Reactions: frost1235
    So I got mine yesterday haven’t done much the legs seem nice bit lighter than the innorel rt90 I have. Didn’t have the integrated head so it might get the rrs universal base this weekend. Overall seems pretty good I’d like to see how the head works out for supporting a rifle but for a set of carbon legs made in the US there pretty nice.

Reactions: frost1235
    Opinions on it over RRS? Looks well built from the pictures from what I can see. I just love the anvil 30 ball head though!

Update, they are shipping me the temporary head while the production model is being finalized. This will be a differnt head all together. Should arrive next week.

Update, they are shipping me the temporary head while the production model is being finalized. This will be a differnt head all together. Should arrive next week.
    Do they have a estimated time on the integrated unit?

so what are they going to do for you once they have the real unit ready?

ive got the $ to spend and I’m tempted to pick up one of the integrated units

Do they have a estimated time on the integrated unit?

so what are they going to do for you once they have the real unit ready?

ive got the $ to spend and I’m tempted to pick up one of the integrated units

Got a voicemail last week from one of the guys over there (Grant?). Apparently they changed the design of the ball head "a slight amount" and they're "almost done". He didn't give a firm timeline and said he couldn't go into details on the changes. I'm guessing it's probably due to patent concerns.

As for the integrated part, I don't think it's totally accurate to call the ball head integrated. The ball head they're designing appears to drop into their tripod. I don't think it'll drop into other tripods though due to the cutout in the tripod which is needed for the handle to fit. That said, there's a filler plate present on the tripod with a stud to mount other ball heads.

Got a voicemail last week from one of the guys over there (Grant?). Apparently they changed the design of the ball head "a slight amount" and they're "almost done". He didn't give a firm timeline and said he couldn't go into details on the changes. I'm guessing it's probably due to patent concerns.

As for the integrated part, I don't think it's accurate to call the ball head integrated. The ball head they're designing appears to drop into their tripod. I don't think it'll drop into other tripods though due to the cutout in the tripod which is needed for the handle to fit. That said, there's a filler plate present on the tripod with a stud to mount other ball heads.
    They posted an image of the new ball head on Instagram. It's much more like a traditional ball head than the original. Apparently it was done to move that handle up for ergonomics
    Edit, i found the post from them
    Screenshot_20201128-192932_Instagram.jpg

They posted an image of the new ball head on Instagram. It's much more like a traditional ball head than the original. Apparently it was done to move that handle up for ergonomics
    Edit, i found the post from them

Have we gotten confirmation that that's the new ball head? I thought the same thing as you when I first saw it but it seemed to be such a fundamental change in design and the logo on it appears to be for the Colorado Tripod Company, the sister company, and not the Rocky Mountain Tactical Supports company. And I'm specifically talking about the ball head, the clamp is obviously from RMTS.

EC00CF48-BDED-424B-A10D-DFC13A0CB8A5.png
    Vs
    4C1A858E-DEB2-4CBC-8F24-A4B2A53E2BC5.png

Have we gotten confirmation that that's the new ball head? I thought the same thing as you when I first saw it but it seemed to be such a fundamental change in design and the logo on it appears to be for the Colorado Tripod Company, the sister company, and not the Rocky Mountain Tactical Supports company. And I'm specifically talking about the ball head, the clamp is obviously from RMTS.

View attachment 7485518 VsView attachment 7485519
    The post that i put up above you can read the text and that's straight from rmts own account not colorado tripod company. I'm guessing they have been working with them to develop the new ballhead. Personally i find it disappointing but they even mention that they moved the tension knob to keep knuckles intact since that was a complaint apparently with the other grip style

Any updates?

Getting antsy to order something. Debating buying the vector tripod then put an anvil 30 on top. Or do I hold out for this new ball head?

Any updates?

Getting antsy to order something. Debating buying the vector tripod then put an anvil 30 on top. Or do I hold out for this new ball head?

I have not heard anything since the voicemail I posted about above. This project has been delayed several times. I think we're in a situation where it may be months or could be days. Sorry for not being more helpful.

I would also point out that those of us who have orders in for the ball head are basically going to be beta testers. The anvil 30 is well proven so if you're looking for a known quantity you may want to go there.

20201209_145734.jpg

Here's the number off the web page.
    Sent an email early this morning. And just finally called them. Left message.
    Fyi, I went into this knowing it was a new product and preorder. Typically stay away from that scenario but it was a whim..... that being said my aggravation wasn't the timeline on the tripods arrival. Its that it arrived without ANY head to use.
    I'll give them the benefit for now.

Ok, so I got ahold of an employee one of the guys making the heads. Here's the situation as they told me.

They redesigned the head with an autolock feature. So its not ready yet. If you saw the note on the order where they said if the head wasn't ready they would send a temporary photo head to use they will do that. They forgot to send them with the tripod if you bought the package. They are going to send a temporary head out now.

Fwiw I think they are trying to do something cool and new with the head! I'm all for it so I'll be patient. New ideas take time. They were very polite and apologized so no need for "Hide" whipping yet.

Reactions: SuperChop
    I’m super curious to see if the system can break the 4 1/2 pound barrier of the RRS33 with Anvil

Okay just got a call back from these guys,

Tripods are indeed in stock and shipping out next day.

Anvil 30 will screw on top no problem

Ballheads he said are roughly 2 weeks to a month out. Said they were being designed for a .mil contract so I believe he said that they were pending approval on the .mil side before they would start going out. Ballheads were redesigned with an auto lock feature. Mighty interested to see how that turns out

Mine came in yesterday, and I've been playing around with it. (As well as swinging like a monkey on it.)

Again, this is my personal tripod, but I have used it on a few platforms it's NOT meant for. Once I get my buddy out, I'll grab his RRS set up and have a direct comparison. **Will probably be a while due to snow.

Following this as well, appreciate the updates.

I'd love to know the minimum height for the tripod.
    They list the max as 70" but no min at least that I found.

I'm new to all this tripod stuff. Been looking at RRS. So many mfg and head options. How does this one compare?

Interested as well. In the market for a good tripod, getting close to just pulling the trigger on a RRS.

I guess this tripod has become vaporware. Glad I went RRS!

The tripods exist and were sent out. I got mine a couple months ago. The ballhead do not exist yet. Latest word I got as of today is that the ballheads will be produced right after the Colorado Tripod ballheads which will be produced over the next few weeks.

If you're looking for a full setup I think I'd suggest going elsewhere. My rationale isn't about the quality and capability of the equipment but rather the continuing delays in production. The ballheads changed designs and have not even entered production many months after originally planned. I haven't seen any verified and complete photos of the final ballhead design. I have the tripod but can't personally give a comparison between the quality of their tripod and a RRS tripod.

The RMTS setup may end up being great but no one knows when we might actually see a full setup (as mentioned above, the tripods have been delivered). I personally will stick with them. I already have the money invested and an not in a rush.

Reactions: loveha