• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod ball head

Adkhunter3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2020
    Earth
    I have a shadow tech tripod with a pig saddle. For the money I’m happy with the tripod but the pig saddle is pretty slow. Thinking of switching to a ball head. Wanting to keep it under $200. A quick attach lever would be nice as well. Do most ball heads require a plate you need to attach to your rifle? Hog saddle has a couple in that price range has anyone tried them? Open to other brands as well.

Keep an eye on eBay. I picked up a NOS Leofoto 46mm ball head for ~$100 shipped. The leofoto 55mm head I wanted was $250 and this 46mm had a higher weight capacity. Or check out the Desmond DLOW 55, gets good reviews at $169 on amazon. A lot of them come with arca plates/mounts.

You’ll probably want something 40mm or bigger.

Keep an eye on eBay. I picked up a NOS Leofoto 46mm ball head for ~$100 shipped. The leofoto 55mm head I wanted was $250 and this 46mm had a higher weight capacity. Or check out the Desmond DLOW 55, gets good reviews at $169 on amazon. A lot of them come with arca plates/mounts.

You’ll probably want something 40mm or bigger.
    Do you have seller info ?

Do you have seller info ?
    this was over a year ago. But I’ll check

Edit: it was jruss71731 . Doesn’t look like he still has them, but the price was $99 for the NB46X

Last edited:
    If you could stretch your budget. It would be worth it to buy once with an anvil 30. Best investment ive ever made. Esp for the hunting we do

If you could stretch your budget. It would be worth it to buy once with an anvil 30. Best investment ive ever made. Esp for the hunting we do
    I see there’s a couple different versions of it. Do they all work with the shadow tech tripods?

I see there’s a couple different versions of it. Do they all work with the shadow tech tripods?

Shoot sorry brotha im not sure. But reach out to rrs. Customer service is on point. I promise you itll be the best purchase you make.