• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod Carry/Storage

Wrongtarget

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2017
CA
What’s everyone using to haul around your tripods at matches? I use a 5.11 24 Pack which I like but strapping a RRS Tripod to it is a bitch and flops around if hiking. Just throwing a sling on it isn’t much of an improvement. Any packs with a pouch big enough to stuff half one in? Besides in the the rifle compartment etc. thanks

my tripod isn't as thick/tall as an RRS but i have a G3 Phantom eberlestock and there's a tall skinny pouch on the sides that my tripod fits in perfectly.

i can send a pic when I get home.

eberlestock hi-speed II

Has a pouch on the bottom of each side; I put two of the three legs into that pouch (which also will hold a large yeti mug), after sliding them through the side cinching strap. Works perfect, and the pack is ideally sized for PRS matches, without being too large (like the Phantom, IMO, is too large for PRS matches).

Tripod is a leofoto 364C

my tripod isn't as thick/tall as an RRS but i have a G3 Phantom eberlestock and there's a tall skinny pouch on the sides that my tripod fits in perfectly.

i can send a pic when I get home.
If you could do that it would be great. Thanks

Mr Wrongtarget,

this thread I did a few months back is really working for me.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ying-big-rrs-tripod-solution-offered.6870222/

I can drop the tripod bag off the ruck and carry it around on a shoulder strap included with the bag... I attached a small molle pouch to it and I can carry bare bones shooting stuff in it - ballistic solver, 20 rds, ear pro, small rear bag, few other sundry items... kind of like a go-bag on a bigger system. With that tripod, rifle and bare-bones kit, I'm highly mobile and accurate for a quick shooting excursion and once its back on the ruck, have the larger carrying capacity.

Reactions: Wrongtarget
I agree the Phantom is too big for matches, but by adding a few of their big pouches on the outside I can also use it for hunting.So works for both for me.

I agree the Phantom is too big for matches, but by adding a few of their big pouches on the outside I can also use it for hunting.So works for both for me.

interesting. i specifically got it for matches and it fits all my stuff perfectly! i'm super happy with it. to each their own I guess. :)

If you could do that it would be great. Thanks

F0B963D8-DD98-483E-A2E2-F9345BD35171.jpeg

I have mollie on the side of my bag. I made 2x one inch pieces with a male flush cup on it. And just plug my tripod on the side of my bag and when need it I just push the two swivels and it comes off.

If I’m using my bag without mollie I put two of our flush cup collars on two legs, wrap my sling around the bag and plug into the other flush cup.

I also have a eberlestock, I think it’s the lowdrag. It has a small pocket on the bottom of each side and put the tripod upside down in it and just use the top strap around the legs

I have mollie on the side of my bag. I made 2x one inch pieces with a male flush cup on it. And just plug my tripod on the side of my bag and when need it I just push the two swivels and it comes off.

If I’m using my bag without mollie I put two of our flush cup collars on two legs, wrap my sling around the bag and plug into the other flush cup.

I also have a eberlestock, I think it’s the lowdrag. It has a small pocket on the bottom of each side and put the tripod upside down in it and just use the top strap around the legs
Thanks

Mr Wrongtarget,

this thread I did a few months back is really working for me.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ying-big-rrs-tripod-solution-offered.6870222/

I can drop the tripod bag off the ruck and carry it around on a shoulder strap included with the bag... I attached a small molle pouch to it and I can carry bare bones shooting stuff in it - ballistic solver, 20 rds, ear pro, small rear bag, few other sundry items... kind of like a go-bag on a bigger system. With that tripod, rifle and bare-bones kit, I'm highly mobile and accurate for a quick shooting excursion and once its back on the ruck, have the larger carrying capacity.
I use this as well. Works perfect.

Mine came with a bag kind of like that. I just throw it in a day pack though with the spotting setup. I got a bigger and smaller one from TT back in the day and the bigger one holds just about everything. You can also bungee it to the side of an ALICE frame if you still have/use one of those. I kept a radio ruck for that, but don't really use it much anymore.