• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Tripod clamp for Kestrel?

SourMash

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2012
GA
Does anyone make a clamp type attachment (to mount to a tripod leg)for a Kestrel? If so, a link would be appreciated, or a picture. Thanks,

Andy

Before RRS tripods, I was using a carbon fiber Swarovski and attached Blue Force Gear soft pouches to the tripod legs , for various stuff e.g. dedicated Kestrel pouch which also could be cross decked to belt carry.
I used either tie wraps or Safariland ELS QD clips to allow for a modular set up. You will probably want to be able to easily remove the Kestrel for a wind check, in that setup I would suggest considering using industrial strength outdoor Velcro Kestrel-tripod leg attachment system .
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 7.11.18 PM.png
IMG_5170 copy.JPG
IMG_5171 copy.JPG

Reactions: SourMash
As mentioned, the flexible connector is handy. I used one mount a iPad to the tripod for use with target camera images.
DSCN3013 copy.JPG
DSCN3003 copy.JPG
CIMG3260 copy 2.JPG

I was thinking of something like this clamp. I’ve searched Amazon and found one similar but it had terrible reviews 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Of course, I like that last set up as well. If you search obi on google all you get is some political person in Africa and also the Jedi of course. Have a better source for me to check it out?

Attachments

• F6618B34-C267-4C15-9A5D-C562B9B43EDC.jpeg
    F6618B34-C267-4C15-9A5D-C562B9B43EDC.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 43
I was thinking of something like this clamp. I’ve searched Amazon and found one similar but it had terrible reviews 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Of course, I like that last set up as well. If you search obi on google all you get is some political person in Africa and also the Jedi of course. Have a better source for me to check it out?
Look up old balls inc. that is OBi