• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod Field use Tips-

Diver160651

Who cares
Minuteman
  • Feb 7, 2013
    La Honda
    Due to the SIP, we canceled some of the free clinics we were hosting for shooters to learn and practice for a field match. It got me thinking, a rare thing many might say, but I decided to do a series of posts covering everything from debriefing a stage from last year's sold out match to tips and tricks for using PLRFs, tripods, arm-boards and examples/spoilers for our sold-out Field Match.

Anyway, I just finished tripod tips for hunting or use in matches like ours that take place in hilly places. If you are already a rock star on your tripod and do not need a tip or have one of your own, or brand new, you're welcome to drop in and contribute.

It is really in the wrong forum under "Local Matches," so I thought I'd share a link here.

Tripod Tips for Feild shooting:
    The purpose is not so much for your regular flat range tripod shooting, and you might see a tip that looks funky until you understand what the goal is. I tried not only to talk about the concept but share "why" it works over what you might typically see on the internet.

Here a stage debriefing: This gives an idea of what the match is like.

This is a link to the original post, and you get a better idea of how it fits in, plus there will be a shortcut to individual topics.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ronin16
    Awesome info. I’m looking forward to trying these tips. I have limited tripod experience, however all of this makes a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Diver160651