• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Tripod / Head advice

Btrain

Shooter up!
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2013
KS
I have very little experience with a Tripod and am looking to buy

- Tripod / head will be used primarily (90%) for glassing but want to buy something that if I do decide to use it for shooting from occasionally I can
- Used in good shape is totally fine / Likely watch the PX for something to come along
- Budget is $6 - 800ish

What would you recommend I buy?

Appreciate the guidance

I too highly recommend Dan and Two Vets Sporting goods. I have their No Name tripod and its a winner as is Two Vet's CS. Had a problem with a leg section, sent it back, fixed and sent back to me in two days with no charge. Dan paid shipping both ways. Can't ask for better, IMO.

$435 for the tripod

If you want to run an Anvil-30 from RRS SOAR, the No Name will accept Two Vets Anvil-30 conversion bowl. It just slips in the top. Its $100

This is the Anvil-30. Its pricey ($395) but many like it...particularly for shooting off of. But may be a bit overkill for what you are looking for.

But, frankly if you don't go with the the Anvil-30 you can also lose the conversion bowl and so are back to $435 and just need to add a decent ball head like Manfrotto. Here is one on Amazon for $175 so total would be $610 and within your budget

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: High Desert duck
This combo would probably be best for the budget.

Innorel RT90c and RRS Anvil-30 with adapter plate from @midwestoffroad
There are other tripods that are exactly the same made by one other manufacturer. Sometimes it's a little cheaper. I think the one I got was a Matton.

Some more info in this link.

Writeup of the tripod:

Picture of mine:

09DC354D1EC6000098C00002-attachment-1-image000000.jpg

Reactions: midwestoffroad