• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

earthquake

Area Man
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    I'm finally going to upgrade from my trusty Manfrotto tripod after all these years. I'm looking to take some mountain/angle rifle courses (Hat Creek or CR2?) and am planning a hunt out west with some buddies next year.

I want a do-it-all tripod for hunting, high-angle training and PRS. Not too heavy, but not too skinny either. My main rig is a Manners with A419 Arcalock rail.

Which model should I look at? The list is long and confusing with all the different brands, tripods and head combos. I am aware of RRS and Two Vets. Any others worth consideration? Would like to keep it under $1k if possible for the whole setup. TiA

Manfrotto for nostalgia.
    Screenshot_20221130-123525_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
    I would take a strong look at the Cadex tripod. There are some other good ones from Leupold and Vortex, but Cadex is a step above. I have heard good things about Two Vets Tripods, but have not used them.

Reactions: earthquake
    I would take a strong look at the Cadex tripod. There are some other good ones from Leupold and Vortex, but Cadex is a step above. I have heard good things about Two Vets Tripods, but have not used them.
    Most rave about the two vets

• Love
    Reactions: 143lrsd
    My suggestion would be the RRS TFCT-34 (the -34L if you're tall) with the Anvil-30 ballhead on it. Won't be under $1000 but it's light enough to take hunting (some might disagree, I guess) and stable enough to shoot sub-moa groups standing. It's made in the States by a company that is a huge supporter of precision rifle shooting/matches. I'm a big fan of mine, having had a whole bunch of other tripods beforehand (including a Manfrotto 190X-Pro something) and use it for PRS, field matches (where it is invaluable) and hunting (I shot a nice 4-point blacktail at 250yds seated using it just today). Not cheap but just a stellar piece of gear.

Most rave about the two vets
    I have a Two Vets and it is an outstanding tripod. Also Daniel, one of the owners, and I had a great conversation about the different models and accessories which was a big help.

bring back a ton of pics and a essay on what you liked , what you did not like , and what you took home with you that you did not know before .