• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod Modifications

Jackalope

OI! Boys not Soy Boys
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2017
Boise, ID
I've been generally happy with my Slik Sprint 150 tripod, but have done a couple simple mods to make it work a little better as a shooting support. I wanted a little nicer finish than the rattlecan camo that was on it before so decided to give it a little Cerakote job in Sniper Gray.

aBrE4qu.jpg

Cb2PR1e.jpg

DaW7bLX.jpg

I also added some 3/8" vacuum caps from the auto parts store in place of the original feet and they have been much better on all surfaces. The softer compound grips better on rock and concrete and the rounder shape is nicer when the legs aren't setup symmetrically.

CcRhVak.jpg

I also added a small loop of 550 cord and a caribiner to the center tube cap so I can hook my pack to it for a little extra stabilization. I prefer it to a hook, but it's essentially the same idea.

hXCfzJx.jpg

Works like a charm. (Holds the phone well too!)

oOXqJJP.jpg

Anyone else else done anything to their tripod to make it more shooting friendly?

Nice man!

Literally you posted this as I was typing another tripod post. I just filled the lower legs on my Feisol 3342 with expanding spray foam and it seemed to have stiffened up the flex.

Collectively there are enough of us experimenting types that we have a good repository of info starting to form.

That's a great idea. I'm familiar with the concept from my rally car days. I'll go check out your thread!