• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod Question

Docsherm

Guns Up!
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2019
DFW Texas
I was looking at getting a tripod. I came across this one: Night Stalker Shooting Platform. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thoughts?

Thanks

What’s your intended use?

Hunting/shoot off of?

Spotting?

I had the Amazon version of it for a few years used strictly for spotting. It wasn’t the best to shoot off of.

Check out two vets sporting goods offerings

Thanks. What tripod do you use to shoot?

I have a two vets recon tripod.
Their 40mm and no name tripod are also popular.

But a lot of it has to do with that ballhead/leveling head/etc you put on top. Make sure whatever you get is rated enough weight for rifle. Two vets had a few options

Also how do you plan on mounting the rifle to the tripod? A clamp? Arca? Picatinny?

The best of the best would be a RRS tripod with anvil 30 base. But that’s big money.

I have a two vets recon tripod.
Their 40mm and no name tripod are also popular.

But a lot of it has to do with that ballhead/leveling head/etc you put on top. Make sure whatever you get is rated enough weight for rifle. Two vets had a few options

Also how do you plan on mounting the rifle to the tripod? A clamp? Arca? Picatinny?

The best of the best would be a RRS tripod with anvil 30 base. But that’s big money.

I was looking at a clamp to mount the rifle.

If you're on a budget, this might work.

Reactions: Docsherm
The budget-priced RT90C is an extremely sturdy tripod. If you top it with an RRS Anvil 30 and get an adapter plate (linked from post on SH to see the plate) from SH member (midwestoffroad), you have a winning combination. .

I use mine for spotting matches with binoculars and regularly use it to make shots with a Vudoo (out to 300 yards) and AIAT (out to 600). It has no trouble supporting the weight and has worked perfectly.

The biggest penalty to the RT90C is weight, compared to the RRS option.
cWQwN4e.jpg

ZQorVQt.jpg

Last edited:
I would stay away from anything with a center column if you want some kind of real stability.

Reactions: Docsherm
Another vote for the rt90c had mine for over year now and it’s been great

I'm amazed at the money people spend on this stuff. Coming from a very blue collar childhood I would have never dreamed a $300 tripod would be considered a budget friendly option. I know it is, just in awe sometimes that the more fun it is, the more expensive it is.