• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Tripod recommendations?

jshelton2006

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Dec 23, 2020
    Indiana
    Looking for a solid tripod mainly for glassing. I shoot mostly elr type stuff, out to say 3000yds. Tripod will hold a spotter or binos, occasional chance of using it for rifle but rarely. Weight isn’t really an issue, stability is. Can anybody make a recommendation that isn’t $1000+ like I seem to see a lot of? I’ve also looked at the stands, such as the polecat from creedmoor sports. Would I be money ahead going that route? Ideally I’d like to be around the $500 range but not afraid to spend more if I’m not gonna be happy there. I just won’t use it a whole lot and hate to buy one of these $1000-1500 tripod setups for what I’m needing. I’ve been looking at a silk cf-933, the polecat style, and the vortex offerings. Thanks for any help.

This tripod from Benro is amazing. No center column, tall and very sturdy

BenroTortoise Carbon Fiber 2 Series Tripod System with S4Pro Video Head​

Here is the link to see it and specs

On top of the great sale price use the code TS22 and get another 15% off
    Feel free to call me to discuss
    Joel
    516-217-1000

This tripod from Benro is amazing. No center column, tall and very sturdy

BenroTortoise Carbon Fiber 2 Series Tripod System with S4Pro Video Head​

Here is the link to see it and specs

On top of the great sale price use the code TS22 and get another 15% off
    Feel free to call me to discuss
    Joel
    516-217-1000
    Ordered one of these, Joel. Looks like about what I want and a great price. Thanks!

My pleasure. Thank you. That deal price is valid thru 12/31/22 if anyone you know sees yours and needs one. The code continues on

Reactions: jshelton2006
    Looking for a solid tripod mainly for glassing. I shoot mostly elr type stuff, out to say 3000yds. Tripod will hold a spotter or binos, occasional chance of using it for rifle but rarely. Weight isn’t really an issue, stability is. Can anybody make a recommendation that isn’t $1000+ like I seem to see a lot of? I’ve also looked at the stands, such as the polecat from creedmoor sports. Would I be money ahead going that route? Ideally I’d like to be around the $500 range but not afraid to spend more if I’m not gonna be happy there. I just won’t use it a whole lot and hate to buy one of these $1000-1500 tripod setups for what I’m needing. I’ve been looking at a silk cf-933, the polecat style, and the vortex offerings. Thanks for any help.
    Look at Two Vets tripods. Very nice, affordable, killer customer support.

While I don't have that Benro, I do have an aluminum one and I'm really pleased with it. They are under rated tripods....

Depends on how much you want to spend. Really Right Stuff (RRS) makes the best tripods, imho, but they are expensive.

Depends on how much you want to spend. Really Right Stuff (RRS) makes the best tripods, imho, but they are expensive.
    Absolutely, just wanting something cheaper since I don’t really use it a bunch. Thanks for the recommendations!

If I’m stationary, by far my favorite tripod for use with a spotting scope is a heavy Manfrotto with a video head. They are plentiful and cheap on Facebook market place. If I’m moving, I use my carbon fiber tripod.

Innorel RT90C. Available on Amazon. $300ish carbon fiber. Solid unit and superb CS.

Reactions: chiroz