• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod Setup

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
My setup is mainly used for night hunting coyotes with NV. I also use it for general shooting practice and probably some DMR matches. I currently have a pint sized GC bag that I literally just toss onto the head of my tripod as of right now. It works, but not ideal, obviously.

I am grabbing an Abel Table for it and plan on going with a direct mount to the PIG 0311 tripod. My idea is to attach a Modlite IR 850 light I have to the table as an IR spotlight. That way I don't have to aim my muzzle at everything with my laser and burn the laser battery. To have the Modlite move independently, I need a ball head or something for attachment to the light and table.

Anyone have ideas? The light is not heavy at all, so it doesn't have to be a heavy duty system.

I have mounted lights on my rifle and on my blind. I prefer mounting to the blind when there is a narrow shooting lane. I would think you could use a similar clamp on your tripod.

20200228_182842.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette