• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Tripod shooting technique

Bertoli888

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2018
South Florida
I purchased a Hog Saddle with ball mount and tripod for hunting in a stand. Is there a technique on use? Shoot with the single leg pointing at you or the two legs? Do you need to hold down the rifle? I know that I need to go to range to try out but maybe can get some pointers? I have never shot from such a set up and living in the city not enough time to be going to range multiple times? Thanks.

I habit to set one leg in front . Best to just get some good shoot time with it under your rifle, build muscle memory to not be kicking and bumping tripod legs and learn hand and check weld .
( for me ) Standing and shoot on you knees 'moving' around tripod is the most free body movement with adjustment to your target . Tripod Sitting is the most restrictive rifle movement and useless for hunting but good for stationary fixed target .

You saying you ..."cant get to range much". for gaining shooting tripod muscle memory live ammo . So ( your only option ) just set up in living room in house and dryfire moving around tripod moving standing and knees, and stationary sitting .