• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Tripod upgrade time

FjallJager

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 8, 2010
    Southern Rockies
    I am guessing I will get reamed for some part of this, but I'd like to poll the group on the best options.

I have Expert Voice or Expert City or Promotive or whatever it is called today. I also have some other retired military type discounts. That I am not going to go into.

Here is what I want it to do.

I want it to support a 15 pound rifle.

I have a 30 pound ball head from Sirui, it either must work with this or replace it.

Cost less than $1000 retail.

Weigh less than 7 pounds. Ideally 3ish.

Be tall enough for a 5'11 man to get behind to shoot standing (Africa style).

My Bogen Manfrotto has half assed work since I bought it at Tang's Department Store on Orchard in Singapore on WESTPAC 98. Yes the same Orchard that has four floors of whores.

I don't want the pinchy leg adjustments, but they have to be good.

Thanks for your help.

I hope I answered all the noobe questions correctly.

I'd like to get two at some point.

Two vets legs and RRS head.

@cameraland had a bunch of tripods on sale. I am running a RRS TVC-22i it was around $850 and I think if you contact them they offer a mil discount. It works great for my needs and is really light but amazingly stable with my 20 pound rifle.

Vortex Radian Carbon with leveling head.
    .338 MRad with a Premier and Shark Suppresor. No issues supporting and shooting from it, and a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Attachments

• 450E87BA-5F8E-4CD2-B847-E55450C6C2A4.jpeg
      450E87BA-5F8E-4CD2-B847-E55450C6C2A4.jpeg
      260 KB · Views: 37
    If you re planning on using the standard mount with the ball head you already have, then a mk2 RRS will be under 1.2k for a legs set. 200 more than your limit at the moment and well worth it.

My manfrotto 055 got trashed this last weekend at the San Diego NRL Hunter. One of the reason why i just got a TFC is the ease of use of the RRS locks on the legs and the fact you can operate them from the inside of the leg as well as the outside.

Id save a bit and get a RRS set.