tripod?

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Re: tripod?

It all depends on your overall budget.

The PRS Large tripod is an excellent option...plenty of adjustability allowing you to use your spotter from prone to standing, very well-made, and you can use it as a shooting platform with one of Danel's cradles installed. They'll run you around $135-140.

If you want a little bit more "heavy duty" tripod and you don't mind spending a little more, the Bogen/Manfrotto 190XPRO tripods are excellent. They offer a variety of models in the 190 series, with a variety of different tripod heads depending on your needs/preferences. They are running some pretty sizeable mail-in rebates right now, so you can probably get one, complete with a tripod head for <$200 to around $225. I like the 190XPROB which offers a horizontal shifting center column that allows you a little more flexibility, partciularly when shooting prone.

Check out BH Photo or get with Doug at CameralandNY (a site sponsor here) and see what they can do for you.

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks. picked up a Bogen/Manfrotto </div></div>

I think you'll be pleased. The Manfrotto tripods are truly excellent!!

Which model tripod/head did you settle on?

PSYOPS

Lieutenant Patrick
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Albuquerque, NM

Only one answer to me -- PRS tripods!!!
grin.gif

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Southern Indiana
www.8541tactical.com

I have looked at several Manfrotto tripods, I just have not had the cash to pick one up.

I WAS holding out for a DLWC Tripod from Alamo, but that is a whole different issue and they seem to be unobtanium now.

I think I am going to just go ahead and get one of the PRS tripods if for no other reason than to do a review for the website.

cav has been

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2008
wilds of montana

Vortex is marketing the Manfrottos with the Vortex name on them. Pricing seemed pretty competitive. Liberty Optics as always a good source.