• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tripod?

Re: tripod?

It all depends on your overall budget.

The PRS Large tripod is an excellent option...plenty of adjustability allowing you to use your spotter from prone to standing, very well-made, and you can use it as a shooting platform with one of Danel's cradles installed. They'll run you around $135-140.

If you want a little bit more "heavy duty" tripod and you don't mind spending a little more, the Bogen/Manfrotto 190XPRO tripods are excellent. They offer a variety of models in the 190 series, with a variety of different tripod heads depending on your needs/preferences. They are running some pretty sizeable mail-in rebates right now, so you can probably get one, complete with a tripod head for <$200 to around $225. I like the 190XPROB which offers a horizontal shifting center column that allows you a little more flexibility, partciularly when shooting prone.

Check out BH Photo or get with Doug at CameralandNY (a site sponsor here) and see what they can do for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks. picked up a Bogen/Manfrotto </div></div>

I think you'll be pleased. The Manfrotto tripods are truly excellent!!

Which model tripod/head did you settle on?

Only one answer to me -- PRS tripods!!!
grin.gif

I have looked at several Manfrotto tripods, I just have not had the cash to pick one up.

I WAS holding out for a DLWC Tripod from Alamo, but that is a whole different issue and they seem to be unobtanium now.

I think I am going to just go ahead and get one of the PRS tripods if for no other reason than to do a review for the website.

Vortex is marketing the Manfrottos with the Vortex name on them. Pricing seemed pretty competitive. Liberty Optics as always a good source.